PDA

View Full Version : a rant about health alert programmes

Liziik
20-11-12, 11:26
I'm just watching this morning and there doing there health alert part, now although I know the infomation is important for people to know, but its no wonder there are more and more people suffering with health anxiety! It drives me mad all we hear nowadays is check for this do this don't eat that, I never noticed before how much these things triggered my own anxiety but now it seems obvious that tv, radio, internet and paper are almost definitely to blame.....sorry rant over! Lol xx

vindrea
20-11-12, 12:12
I agree xx

venusbluejeans
20-11-12, 12:33
To be honest, you know programmes like that have a health section, so turn it off when It comes on.... your choice if to watch thing like that or not!

rebeccad
20-11-12, 12:50
i completely sympathise im exactly the same u know your going to feel worried but you cant stop yourself from watching it, then when you hear something that worries you, you wish you hadnt, its like google we know we shouldnt but we still do, its like a compulsion x

Liziik
20-11-12, 13:03
To be honest, you know programmes like that have a health section, so turn it off when It comes on.... your choice if to watch thing like that or not!

I actually do turn it off most times if its on in the background while I'm doing something else it stays on.....my point is people who were of an anxious nature anyway might end up with health anxiety because of programmes like that....also my point aswell you could be sitting at the computer on facebook or something else and there may be an advert like 1 in 3 people will get so and so have you checked? And adverts on tv for vitamins etc saying take these and have a healthy heart. We are plagued everyday by it no matter what we do watch listen to. And we can't honestly expect people to be able to turn it off everytime and sit in complete silence just to avoid it.

Savannah
20-11-12, 13:14
I agree, I refuse to watch them as they don't help. The media like to scare monger the public.

My friend watched This Morning today and it worried her.