PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms on sertraline 50mg??

sdl_99
20-11-12, 16:18
I am on sertraline 50mg for 3 months and feel constantly tired and lethargic, I really struggle to wake up my eyes roll in there sockets as I try to wake and usually sleep for a few more hours. On waking I start to feel tired a hour or so after and then usually end up sleeping again!! Once I am awake for a period of hours and need to go to sleep I can not sleep!! I also dont feel authentic within myself while I no longer feel as anxious or nervous I also feel constantly tired and numb. When I was off the sertraline I had good days on it everyday feels the same tiring expereience as the day before and even just doing small tasks like writing this message seem to take a lot out of me! I am also not going out very much and have my enthusiasm and any lust for life I just seem to count the hours between meds and sleeping!!?? should I reduce my dose to 25mg?

Zolofted
20-11-12, 22:11
Hi,
I have been on sertraline for almost 10 years and sadly these are all side effects, plus many other.
While I believe sertraline is a much better ssri than most of them out there, it has a huge impact on your mind & body.
I don't know if you should cut down on it, how are the symptoms that prompted you to take it in the first place? If you do, make sure you do not do it abruptly as it can send you off balance pretty bad.
It took me 2 years to come off it and it hasn't been easy, so my advice is try not to overdoit, be brave and once you feel better have the courage to come off.