PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Dr later

Jem27
18-08-06, 13:16
Really anxious about going today as I know he will say I need to go back on anti ds (been off them about 6 weeks now, thought I was doing well but obviously not) worried he won't take me seriously about my symptoms, they may just be anxiety but id rather he took me seriously and examined or did tests just to be sure.

After reading on Bupa about leaukemia and having 3/10 symptoms I thought well maybe I don't have it afterall then today I woke up with slightly swollen sore gums in 2 places, rung my auntie who works at a dentist who said its probably an infection and to tell dr who will give anti bs if need be. Thing is I read swollen gums are another sign of leaukemia so that with the tiredness, headaches & heavy periods im in a right old state today:-(

I have a screaming baby aswell, she is ill with chicken pox, 2 very bored boys, I feel like I want to run away:( I am aching all over from all this tension:(

lass
18-08-06, 13:35
You poor thing. But going to the doctor's is a positive thing and they do have to take you seriously. They know what they are looking for with serious illness and I hope you will be reassured after your appointment.

Take care,
Caroline
xx

jackie
18-08-06, 13:55
jem you havent got lukemia but when you were on the tablets did you feel they made this anxiety more bearable. if so why not go back on them. every one needs a pick me up after having a baby so dont deprive yourself of that help

alternatively have you ever tried herbal or homeopathic remedies?

my last wee boy was one on wednesday so i know it is a struggle

jackie

Jem27
18-08-06, 15:04
The side effects worried me too much though, im really scared of admiting defeat aswell.

I have tried herbal and homepathic, tried hypnotherapy which did help but not for long.

Thanks