PDA

View Full Version : Constant stabbing pain in left breast

ladymillion
20-11-12, 19:14
Does anyone know what causes this. It comes and goes but it is sore when it starts. I dont know if it is anxiety related or something else.

Herewegoagain
20-11-12, 19:33
Hi,

I had this last year and got in a complete state over it. It went on for weeks. Period wasn't due so I went to the docs who examined it and said she couldn't feel anything abnormal. As usual I couldn't accept that and for another fortnight was convinced I had breast cancer. Doc was lovely and sent me for a mammogram. I was in such a state at the hospital that they showed me the pictures and let me see a doc who explained that everything was fine and that many many women get stabbing pains for long periods of time. Apparently its really common. Try not to worry. :)

ladymillion
22-11-12, 20:31
Thank you for your reply, i think it is stress related the more i think about it. I havent had it atall today. thanks again, glad you are ok

smalltrace
23-11-12, 03:21
My mum had stabbing pains, think she said it was like someone stabbing a knitting needle through her nipple. Anyway, she had tests done etc and she was put on a high dose of evening primrose oil by the consultant. It was several years back now, and I don't know they still prescribe it, but in my mum's case it worked very very well.

JulieJay92
23-11-12, 12:12
i put on this the other day too

on wednesday i got like a gripping pain in my left breast lasted for 3-5 seconds at most but about 10 times in half an hour then stopped. it felt like someone was grabbing it and running a knife through it and i have no idea what caused it either as i have been relatively panic free for months until this week since this happened

ladymillion
23-11-12, 12:24
It is hard to describe but it feels like the lower side of my left breast and it is a constant stabbing pain that comes and goes, i have put it down to stress. I am not one for going to the doctors so i will just have to deal with it when it happens. My advice to you though would be see your GP just to get it checked out.

shellyruby40
24-11-12, 23:20
Does anyone know what causes this. It comes and goes but it is sore when it starts. I dont know if it is anxiety related or something else.
I had this yesterday.
like a stabbing tingle through the left breast just for a few seconds.then its gone...
mine lasted 20 mins in total.
can relate totally.dont know what it is..it freaked me out and had to get my health anxiety tool[bp machine] to check my blood pressure,it was fine.
can see im not the only one whos experienced this.

Pkstracy
20-05-18, 05:06
I am having this now this stabbing pain is in my left breast along right side of left breast, I can pinpoint exactly where it is,. I am having no other symptoms of heart attack, I had this once four or five years ago, I thought it could be due to anxiety or stress. Started up again three days ago today lasting for hours coming and going, really freaking me out