PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat, butterflies

Will Loynes
18-08-06, 13:35
Hi,
I've not really had much chance to get on line for the last couple of weeks, just when I really needed NMP.
I have been having a really sick feeling in my stomach and a tickly throat. Last weekend my throat finally got the better of me to the point that I havent been able to swallow for the last 5 - 6 days. Also I cant sleep because my whole neck is in agony caused by me grating my teeth. I've been to the Drs whos said I have a throat infection brought on by anxiety, has any one experienced this amount of pain in the throat caused by anxiety? [V]

manmoor
18-08-06, 14:10
Hi Will,

Sorry your having a bad time and my thoughts are with you cos you've always been there for me. The advice I would give you Will is to listen to what your doctor has told you that its an infection and please try not to think of it and I so know the pain will go away. Works for me everytime.

Thinking of you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Southern_Belle
18-08-06, 15:16
Hi Will,

I too feel awful that you are having such a rough time of it, so sorry to hear it. I have never had an infection from anxiety in the throat but have had the swallowing issue really bad! As for grating your teeth if you visit your dentist they can fit you with a mouth guard. I know this because mine wants to fit me for one because I am grinding my teeth down! Over here they are quite expensive and insurance doesn't cover it but I don't have a clue what it would be over there. I'm starting to think it is worth it though as my neck always hurts too, think about it. Try and relax and do things you enjoy and this will pass as Mandy says. I do hope you feel better soon.

Take care of you,

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Insomniac
18-08-06, 22:44
Hi Will.

I have had a sore throat and neck for the past week. For me its the anxiety. Its one of the first signs, my neck and chest feel tight and I start to feel sick. Also I feel like gagging when I try to eat, like nothing will go down.

I know its the anxiety and I try to talk myself out of it. I tell myself that there's nothing wrong and it won't get the better of me. Anxiety can do so many different things. But at least here you find others who understand and can help. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel or is that an oncoming train?