PDA

View Full Version : cbt

dela
18-08-06, 14:17
i have been trying to do cbt as a self help. trouble is i keep getting stuck with "i'm too stupid to do this" and i don't seem to make any progress. All my exercise stuff tends to come out the same.

It's like I don't really "get it"

Any thoughts? The waiting list for cbt is 2 years in my area so i'm trying to help myself.

juju
18-08-06, 19:03
hi
there are a few posts about cbt, also if you can get claire weekes bks/self help for your nerves/peace from nervous suffering, they are the same in principal but a lot clearer to take in. i bought mine from amazon.co.uk, very cheap as you can buy 2nd hand
hpe this helps
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

alicia123
23-08-06, 14:13
Hi Dela,

CBT is best done with a psychologist, but all praise to you for having a go yourself![8D]

The problem with anxiety is that it can be linked to lots of other things like low self-esteem and any attempts to deal with the anxiety have to get through the self-esteem issue as well - I know because that was one of my problems.

Fortunately I have been free of anxiety for over six months now after using an alphadynamics product but I know how difficult it can be working on your own. You could try EFT - you can do that as a self-help treatment, but you need to go to an EFT therapist for a session to get the hang of it.

alicia