PDA

View Full Version : thought things were getting better

joseph83
21-11-12, 06:32
So I was off last week with my anxiety, had planned to go back.Sunday but didn't, then yesterday was last day I could self certificate so was going back this morning. I woke up to the familiar anxiety and gave in to it and didn't get up, is it a case of forcing myself to get up or what?? Iv got to go to the doctors today to get signed off for the rest of the week, this is doing my head in! My partner is pretty annoyed this morning too!!

BobbyDog
21-11-12, 07:05
It is not a choice you make to have anxiety. Go to your doctors appointment and discuss your concerns, you can make a decision between yourselves as to whether you are ready to return to work yet. If you go back to work too early, it will only result in more sick days.

joseph83
21-11-12, 07:22
Makes sense bobby, iv already been back once too early I think. I think if I made myself get up it would be ok for sure for the short term but maybe not a long term solution. I just don't know!!

LindsayD
21-11-12, 08:32
I know how you feel. My doctor wants me to return to work tomorrow and I just don't feel ready - physically and mentally. I am going to get back in touch with the surgery today (I will never get an appointment as they are so busy) and see if he will extend my note. If not, I will have to decide whether to request unpaid leave. I could really do without this, especially with Christmas coming up, but I have to decide health or money. I'm sure my children would rather have a brighter mummy for christmas with a few less presents. Let me know how you go on at the docs xxx

Annie0904
21-11-12, 10:12
Joseph, I have learnt from experience that going back too early can only make you worse. I was the one who said I would go back and I lasted half a day. The doctor just said to me "Now you will listen to me and do it on my terms". Lindsay you are so right, a healthy happy Mummy is much more important than lots of material gifts.

joseph83
21-11-12, 11:35
Been to the docs and he signed me off until end of week. I really want to get back to work and get life back to normal and for my kids to have happy daddy!!

camperlady
21-11-12, 11:49
recovering from depression n anxiety is never easy or quick joseph and returning to work too soon will only make your recovery lengthier, it dosn,t come overnight an does not go overnight either, don,t beat yourself up, be kind to yourself and take one day at a time and go at your own pace, remember the tortoise and the hare, slow n steady gets you there
take care xxx :):hugs::hugs::bighug1:
karen xx

joseph83
21-11-12, 12:28
I agree iv got a grip on the depression, its the anxiety that's getting me. I think getting back to work and back to 'normal' will help me

camperlady
21-11-12, 12:36
i am like you aka getting out of bed, i know i will feel better if i get up n get going but its hard isn,t it, i set my alarm for 9.00am, i let myself snooze 3 times n then i look at facebook on my phone, the light from the phone n messages wake me, i then stretch n get up, just a thought, it,s worked for me xx :)

joseph83
21-11-12, 12:45
Cheers for the advice, I already check everything on my phone when I wake up, just can't actually get out of bed!!

LindsayD
21-11-12, 13:24
I don't know if this will help but it has for me. When you wake up, just get up. Don't think about what you have to do an hour after getting up eg work. Before you gj to bed tonight think 'as soon as I wake up I have to and make a cup of tea!'. When you wSke up in the morning, get straight up, go to the kettle and make it (even if you don't stunk it). Then think, right next job is to ..... And pick one, like getting washed, getting your children's breakfast things ready, putting the rubbish out, anything. And before you know it you have been up 10 minutes. You might remember work then, but you've been up and out of bed 10 minutes and that's 10 minutes to take strength fro. Tomorrow it might be 15 and eventually you will get back to work but it does take time. I know to anxious people like us time is something we struggle to accept but it really is a massive factor. Give my idea a go, if it doesn't work you haven't lost anything and hopefully the nice cup of tea might help in a little way Xxx

Col
21-11-12, 13:30
Hope your alright :winks: this is exactly what makes me soo reluctant to return to work having this signing off stress, on top of everything else. I'm not much help but do what's best for you, I'm a mum of 2 and really understand how guilty & upset you get that you want to be normal again for your kids. Soo upsetting, keep your head up and take one day at a time. Takecare

joseph83
21-11-12, 14:02
Thanks Lindsay, that's a really good ideaand its worked before so guess I should do it again!! X

LindsayD
21-11-12, 14:04
So sorry, just re-read my post and noticed all the spelling mistakes lol! Thats what you get from typing on Iphones! Hope it still made sense :blush:

joseph83
21-11-12, 14:14
Ha ha yeah yeah blame the phone!!
Don't worry it def made sense!x

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Thanks Col, its hard on the kids because they don't understand how anything can be wrong because they can't see a problem! X

Kel star
29-11-12, 20:42
Hi I can relate to the difficulty in getting going and the angry partner because they feel you have given in too easily., this site has been a revelation for me as I read the posts and find myself talking back at me as so many of the experiences are just like my own.
When I had anxiety about going back to work I could get up but the actual getting out of the house was a nitemare. Breaking it into manageable chunks does sound like good advice and each day you can try to get a stage further until you achieve your goal.
Good luck hope you get stronger soon. Healing thoughts xx