PDA

View Full Version : Dermatologist this afternoon

lo89
21-11-12, 07:10
So as you probably know, I have been waiting since September to see a dermatologist about a large mole with lots of different colours on it.
They have put an extra clinic on and I have an appointment for ten past 4 today.
Whilst I am glad to finally get my appointment, I am also petrified and not going to be able to concentrate all day.
I will post back on here tonight and let you know how I get on.

Annie0904
21-11-12, 10:08
Will be thinking about you today, hope it goes well for you :hugs::hugs:

Eek
21-11-12, 11:20
good luck hope it goes well :)

almamatters
21-11-12, 12:12
Hope all goes well this afternoon :hugs: :hugs:

lo89
21-11-12, 14:44
Thanks for the replies. Just got my appointment confirmation through and it says if it needs to be removed urgently they will do it there and then, so now I am petrified! =[

almamatters
21-11-12, 14:53
I know what you are going through, try not to worry too much. Sending you hugs :hugs:

swgrl09
21-11-12, 15:24
But then at least it is gone and you won't have to think about it any more :)

lo89
21-11-12, 16:34
Just got out - apparently my mole is huge (bigger than a 50p) but she isn't worried about it. She has referred me to a psychologist because of how worried I am about it (I was physically shaking like a leaf) and I have to go back in 4 months to have it looked at again. There is a small warty area on it which she would like to remove but it is not because she is worried about it.
Feeling a bit better but still freaked out by the whole thing. Dreading 4 months time already!

almamatters
21-11-12, 16:38
Sounds like good news and at least you have had it checked. Don't worry about appointment in 4 months time, as they did not seem worried today about your mole, then you mind should be put at ease. I know it is hard, I really do. :hugs:

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

I always shake and usually cry at appointments by the way

Annie0904
21-11-12, 16:44
My husband had quite a large one on his face, just appeared in the last couple of years and it got a warty thing in the middle. He has had it removed now without any problems at all.

lo89
21-11-12, 16:47
Thanks. I am always the one to tell everyone else it will be fine yet here I am worrying myself sick. I felt like such a fool! I am slightly reassured but I wish she hadn't told me how big it is - I thought maybe 2-3cm! Plus I didn't know there was a warty bit on it either =[

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Meant to say, they can't remove mines as it is so large, they would need to do a skin graft or put an inflatable balloon under my skin to stretch it as the skin on your scalp is so tight =[

Yul
22-11-12, 10:05
I am in the same situation, had a new mole on my chest, went to The Mole Clinic and it happened to be abnormal. Now I am supposed to return in 3 months to check the mole again.
As far as I understand this is a normal practice and only very few moles (like one out of hundred) actually change with time. So don't worry, in cases when the doctors suspect anything they remove the moles straight away so I am sure it is nothing and you will be fine.