PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from another UK depressive

tpr007
21-11-12, 17:31
Hi all.

I'm 32 now, and have been a sufferer of severe depression and anxiety for a number of years.

I've been on fluoxetine for about 5 years, but at the moment am having a bad time of it and have been off work for a couple of months due to a severe depressive episode. My anxiety and self confidence have also worsened more than usual in that time.

As a result of increased fluoxetine making no difference, I am (as of today) about to start coming off the fluox and will be starting on Venlafaxin once it's out of my system. I'm obviously quite anxious about this, and am hoping for a postive change.

Anyone in a similar position?

nomorepanic
21-11-12, 17:41
Hi tpr007

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Frightened_guy
21-11-12, 17:59
Welcome yes i suffer depression i'm 22 i think its my current life situation that makes me depressed though feel like giving up sometimes, i feel as though i wasn't really made for the world.

Shannan.Mesick
21-11-12, 18:46
This really answered my drawback, thank you! wish you luck

Sparkle1984
21-11-12, 19:01
Welcome to the forums! :) You'll find plenty of support here.

I think you've made the right decision to switch meds, considering your current ones are no longer working.

tpr007
21-11-12, 21:11
It'd be interesting to know if anyone else has come off of Fluox and gone onto Venlafaxin