PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Weight Loss

Frankie123
21-11-12, 17:34
Help - please reply to this as I am very worried. Is it possible to have sudden weight loss when you get really anxious even though I am eating the same. In a week I lost 6lbs when I was acutely stressed about something. Then I put some weight on again and then my kids got ill so started worrying about them and started loosing weight again. Has this happened to anyone else.

nomorepanic
21-11-12, 17:47
Hi Frankie123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MissHDynamite
21-11-12, 17:53
Hello Frankie.. Yes absolutely!.. and really if you re-read your post, you answered it yourself by putting a little weight back on and then losing it again when stressed about your children. I have lost over 3 stone over the last few months (luckily I could afford to) and I know many more who have lost weight.

Try not to worry about it and keep eating regularly.. if you feel you have lost too much for your height then pop to see the doc x

Sparkle1984
21-11-12, 19:22
Welcome to the forums! :)

Anxiety can mess with the digestive system, so that could be why you've lost weight. If you check your weight on an online BMI calculator, it will tell you if your weight is in the correct range for your height.