PDA

View Full Version : When did your prozac kick in?

Piano
21-11-12, 17:41
Hi, since so many on this site are struggling with the startup on fluoxetine/prozac, I thought we could make a thread just for reporting when in kicked in? It would be very nice if you who have a good effect could just post how long it took. It could be a good encouragement for those struggling with the startup side-effects.

For me, it took at least 6 weeks on 10 mg, but I had to increase the dose to 20 mg at 14 weeks.

nomorepanic
21-11-12, 17:42
Are you taking it for anxiety or depression?

Janine
21-11-12, 17:44
Hi Piano

great thread to start and I am sure it will be a good encouragement for people.

It was Five and a half weeks for me on 20mg.

Piano
21-11-12, 17:56
Are you taking it for anxiety or depression?

I'm taking it for both

Kayleigh100
21-11-12, 19:03
Thank you for starting this. Gives those of us on the way there something to help keep our pecker up.

nomorepanic
21-11-12, 19:14
Ok the reason I ask is that it never touched my panic attacks and I was on it for a year. It helped with depression though

Supersal1984
21-11-12, 23:25
Do you cope with anxiety/ depression without medication now? I starting to give up on fluoxetine working for me, so maybe I will try self-help without the meds x

KCam11
22-11-12, 09:24
Im at 7 weeks right now and Im still having some panic attacks. Im under a lot of stress though which I know isnt helping.

Piano, how did you know you needed to up your dose?

Supersal1984
24-11-12, 20:00
He had a test which said the amount of serotonin was too low think, but basically he discovered that the dosage was below the level for it to make a difference , this does not mean that 10mg will not work on someone else, as we are all different. But in the uk 20mg is the lowest dose as test carried out showed 20mg is more likely to help x

Supersal1984
26-11-12, 13:19
sorry that should be she, not he !!

Piano
30-11-12, 08:46
Piano, how did you know you needed to up your dose?

Hi, at about 14 weeks of 10 mg of fluoxetine, I started to feel very depressed after a long period of slow gradual improvement. It was as though I could feel that the dose wasn't big enough. I had suspected it a long time, so I called my doc and we agreed that I should take a blood test. The blood test showed that my fluoxetine level was way below the therapeutic level, so my doc and I decided that I should double the dose. This was six weeks ago, and I think the increased dose has kicked in now. I still get a little anxious, but its more like an exciting feeling, almost a bit fun...

I am reading Claire Weekes hope and help for your nerves, and it is helpful. Now I am trying to get panic attacks, and they don't come:D

tanyat
05-12-12, 00:20
I'm on 20mg and on week three. Had an amazing day yesterday and today I cannot kick the anxiety. I want to just sleep this feeling away, but cannot. I pray this medication will help :(

moneay100
05-12-12, 01:16
Thanks because I done put up two for someone to give me some. Feedback because it my time going and advice but maybe I'm doing it wrong this my first time. On here. Yes. I do need help this really is first this I'm very depressed and I haven't been sleeping and anxiety is very bad I'm on day 24 and I feel the same way before I goton my told me give it two weeks now when I seen the other day he told it takes8weeks now I have lost alot of weight to were I'm very sad and down I'm so depress it feel I'm not to get any better so I'm trying to see will I see a change he say he won't up it causes of my size. So I don't know what to do so then he say he don't have miracle pill to give me so that mak ce feel l. ike this is it for me cause I can't even make self get out the bed or eat so I need. Something that that can make me atleast want to get up again

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Sorry for the words mixture but I'm fluoxetine 20mg and its day 24 I don't know what to do really I feel the same before I started it anxiety is making feel like I'm not going to get any better I to just want to slp the day away but but I only sleep. A he. Or two a night then up all day thinking

tanyat
05-12-12, 13:35
To be honest I haven't yet felt any better on the Prozac. From what I've been reading it can take sometime before feeling any comfort. I'm also struggling with anxiety and wish time can just pass. It's almost like it's taking twice as long because I want to feel normal again. Just keep telling yourself it will work any day now :) You will feeling a lot better. xxxx