PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation - will it ever stop?

hannah26
21-11-12, 18:34
Hello,

So I've had derealisation for about a month or so now.
I have good times and bad times, but I'm so tired of the bad times.
My fears are
The world is to big,
There is to much stuff around its so much,
I'm not real and nor is anything around me,
I'm gonna freak out and go mad/crazy and never recover,
There is no one to help me if I do freak out and it will never stop,
I'll foget how to move, talk, think, remember.

Its just so much and I'm so tired I just can't see past it its wearing me out!
Will it ever go away, I don't feel like the person I used to be anymore, I'm sad and drained.
Sorry for the moaning, I have a cold and feel about down.
Hannah x x

ankietyjoe
21-11-12, 19:45
Yeah it goes. :)

Can't say when, but it does go.

I found that I just had to accept it and do my best not to get too worked up. Easier said than done, but it does work.

Lay down, close your eyes and do some deep controlled breathing. The only real magic bullet i've found for any symptom.

PanchoGoz
21-11-12, 21:01
It goes when you stop giving it attention Hannah.

starlight78
21-11-12, 21:41
I'm totally there with you at the mo Hannah, especially with the whole 'the world is too big' and the 'going crazy thing'. I've never really thought of it as DR/DP kind if helps to have a name. I've had something like this before that passed so I know this will to. Pretty horrid right now though :( x x

dread
23-11-12, 00:23
I used to get extreme dp/dr, particularly if I watched surreal ish movies, thought about the universe or space and stuff, and though similarly with the world 'being too big' The thing to rremember about Dr/dp, as it wwas explained to me by my therapists, is it's like a protective bubble...your brains sort of detaching itself from what's going on ( or it thinks is going on) to protect you. Generally, as your anxiety gets better the dp/dr will lessen....
Just have to keep telling yourself its just a feeling and it wil go with time x