PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

kyb15
21-11-12, 19:19
Hi. I'm new here! Not new to anxiety though, have been 'suffering' for almost a year now. Probably had symptoms for some time before this but had my first noticable panic attack approx a year ago which has stayed with me the whole time. Saw a doctor when it all started and went to speak to a counsellor who was great, had propanalol for the palpatations, everything worked really well but then about 2 months ago it all 'came back' hit me like a brick as I thought I was over it.

I'm now back into the counselling sessions and taking propanalol and trazadone which I feel is working for me. I have also began to accept that this is going to be a part of my life for a long time and getting to this point has been very difficult.

Hoping to talk to some people who understand and who don't ask 'why?' all the time :)

BobbyDog
21-11-12, 19:25
A big warm :welcome: to you.

nomorepanic
21-11-12, 19:29
Hi kyb15

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
21-11-12, 19:31
Hi :welcome:

MissyC_54
21-11-12, 20:09
Welcome :D

Panick
22-11-12, 09:23
Hi. I'm new here! Not new to anxiety though, have been 'suffering' for almost a year now. Probably had symptoms for some time before this but had my first noticable panic attack approx a year ago which has stayed with me the whole time. Saw a doctor when it all started and went to speak to a counsellor who was great, had propanalol for the palpatations, everything worked really well but then about 2 months ago it all 'came back' hit me like a brick as I thought I was over it.

I'm now back into the counselling sessions and taking propanalol and trazadone which I feel is working for me. I have also began to accept that this is going to be a part of my life for a long time and getting to this point has been very difficult.

Hoping to talk to some people who understand and who don't ask 'why?' all the time :)

Not sure how to start and what describes me best. A young adult with health anxiety and addiction to google. My health anxiety started way before I knew what it was: as a child I saw in the news that there was an increase in the number of meningitis cases in the region where I was living and it got stuck in my head. Few weeks later I had a terrible case of food poisoning and while questioned by the ER doctor on symptoms, I told him I had meningitis. Well...since then I had HIV, hepatitis a, b, c, d, most types of cancer, systematic fungal infections, bacterial infection in my blood, you name it, I had it or...Even though I know i might worry unnecessarily I cannot stop and google does not help me at all. I had times when I skipped work so I can go and get a test done, spent money on private tests. This year I had a full blood check up few month back, all came fine but today i am worrying something was missed. I have not talked with a doctor about my anxiety I just try to deal with it on my own...

belindalorraine
22-11-12, 10:17
:welcome: