PDA

View Full Version : Going with the flow isn't such a good thing

Itsonlyme26
21-11-12, 19:47
Hi , I am new here. This will my first ever posting on a forum :-) so don't be annoyed if I ramble on. I want my first posting to be a serious subject , I'm a serious guy , it means a lot to me but anyway I'll get started. Since last year I have been take AD's I first started off with 20 mg fluoxetine and after awhile I felt it wasn't effective so my doctor put up the dose to 40mg , which didn't really do much it just made me really hyper and extremely happy. However it wasn't normal happy I'd be happy about the stupidest thing e.g 'wow what a good day , I think I'll say hello to anybody' so not happy in a good way , not for me anyway. 4 weeks ago we decided to change to citalopram 20mg and at first it made me really hyper and again extremely happy but this time it felt like I was on illegal substances , so I really didn't mind. Anything is better then feeling depressed , right ? However those symptoms have now gone and I feel sort of normal it's like I'm not even on AD's , is that normal ? It has lead me to think are they actually working or are they not strong enough ? I really don't want to up the dose because I don't want to be drugged up , I'm sorry if that sounds rude. My doctor told me to come back to him for a one to one review on how the AD's are working but as usuall I can't get an appointment , not for two weeks ! Which to me is totally stupid especially when you are dealing with people with anxiety and depression , I was told to come back after all. All my life I have found it extremely hard to remain in a positive state of mind and if I do it usually doesn't last very long. I do get times when I am happy and I'm also hyper with a lot of excitement my fiance usually tells me to calm down , which I do but I feel very sleepy after. When I get like that I know I'm doing it but I have no control over it I just get excited for no real reason , weird I know. I always go through phases where like one month I get depressed and then the next month will be my happy phases I know that sounds crazy but it's normal for me. So since I can't get to my doctors does anyone know what is going on ? I have had therapy but feel it didn't work because I honestly feel like this is a condition I tried all the techniques learned in therapy but nothing worked. So please help , thanks

nomorepanic
21-11-12, 19:58
Hi Itsonlyme26

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.