PDA

View Full Version : end of the world crap

busybee09
22-11-12, 06:20
so people are saying 21st december is the end of the world and i no reaaally its not gonna happen but why am i so gullable. Even on the nasa website iss a whole page on why its not gonna happen but why is it so big? I no about this mayan business but stop scaring me people!
When i was on the plane there was even an article in the inflight magazone, how rude. And yday at the cinema they played that stupid lynx last edition advert.

Someone please calm me down :)

joseph83
22-11-12, 08:08
It's to do with the Mayan calender because it ends on that date. Apparently they made other predictions too so people think its the end of the world! I saw on the news the other day they've found another calender now so we are safe!
Anyway if the world does end then we are all gone together, better than being the only 1 left in my opinion!!

Liziik
22-11-12, 09:34
I just think of previous predictions and how many times the world was meant to end and hasn't, if his was such a realistic thing we would have been hearing about it for the last 20-30 even 100 years. It's a money maker and lynx is a complete example of that! Don't worry as you have seen on NASA there is more evidence its not going to happen and a lot of hear say that says it is :) xx

hanshan
22-11-12, 10:49
Just live each day as if it was your last... (I've never been able to do that).

Starmist
22-11-12, 11:43
Would they put Christmas adverts on tv if we weren't going to be able to celebrate it? :)

My other half watches alot of the History channels and I have had to sit through several programmes regarding the Mayans. I read something somewhere that said the Mayan's didn't account for Leap years and all the extras. So if they were correct in their predictions the world should have ended years ago :)

That Lynx advert is awful!!!! It's up there with those darn PPI and injury lawyer adverts! (In my eyes anyway)

Now let's all get back to spending all our money on having a great Christmas :)

Hannah x

starlight78
22-11-12, 17:22
It's all totally nonsense. Their have been so much crap predictions that have come to nothing. The Mayans didn't mean end of the world either. They were referring to the end of an era, and the start of a new age. So it if you look at it that way it's kind of nice BUT I look at it as the 'it's total nonsense' type of way :) x x

Wolfie
22-11-12, 17:27
Hey guys,

Basically it's all about the end of the Age of Pisces (did I spell that right?), what's happening on 21st Dec, is a cosmic alignment, we're simplying entering into the Age of Aquarius. Just space stuff. Don't worry too much about it. People like to spread fear as that's they can control your life. Don't fear something that's not gunna happen. That would just be a waste of energy ;)

Corona89
22-11-12, 19:04
When i visted Mexico we met some people with Mayan heritage and they said the end of the calender is the end of the solar cycle of the calender and it just starts again. They said people have been making money from movies and books trying to claim the calender means the end of the world.

Never going to happen. But if one day the end of the world is to come then so be it.. don't worry about things you can't change.

Gotagetthroughthis
22-11-12, 19:56
Hey guys,

Basically it's all about the end of the Age of Pisces (did I spell that right?), what's happening on 21st Dec, is a cosmic alignment, we're simplying entering into the Age of Aquarius. Just space stuff. Don't worry too much about it. People like to spread fear as that's they can control your life. Don't fear something that's not gunna happen. That would just be a waste of energy ;)

Never heard of it being to do with Pisces/Aquarius stuff? Im an Aquarius, hopefully that means good times for me lol.

Annie0904
22-11-12, 20:07
Never heard of it being to do with Pisces/Aquarius stuff? Im an Aquarius, hopefully that means good times for me lol.

I'm Aquarius too so hopefully it will mean good times :)

Sparkle1984
22-11-12, 21:01
Another Aquarius here! :)

I don't worry too much about these end of the world predictions any more. There have been so many of these predictions in the past, and they've all come to nothing. The one which really scared me was the Nostradamus prediction back in 1999, and I was so relieved when the day passed without event (I was only 15 at the time). Since then, I've never taken these sorts of predictions too seriously.

PanchoGoz
22-11-12, 21:08
I'm a taurus. How many more Mayan calandars have I got till my lucky year? :( :(

NoPoet
22-11-12, 21:25
Without being funny, I can't understand why people get so caught up in this 2012 stuff. Let's review the facts:

* The Mayans produced a calendar which ended on the 21st of December 2012. Two years ago, for Christmas, I got a Supercars of the World calendar that ended on the 31st December 2011. We are still here. In fact, the only thing that caused any emotional reaction was the fact there were no pictures of the Honda NSX Type-R on the calendar, and I had to act pleased about it because it was a Christmas present.

* There is no evidence of any description whatsoever that the Mayans believed the world would end at the conclusion of their calendar. No. Evidence. At. All. NONE.

* The descendants of the Mayan people attach no significance to the calendar and are not building nuclear shelters.

* Calendars cannot go on forever. They managed to get a few millennia on there, are we punishing ourselves because they didn't have endless supplies of rock, chisel and patience to create a calendar the length of the Great Wall of China?

* There is no scientific or theological correlation between the end of a galactic cycle (as in, one complete revolution of the universe) and the destruction of planet Earth.

* Is it just planet Earth that gets destroyed, or the solar system, the galaxy, the universe or the multiverse? If it's just us, what makes us so damned important that we get wiped? If it's everything else, what is big enough to take out the universe, which is at least 93,000,000,000 light years wide - and that's only as far as our technology can "see".

* To provide more perspective on that last point. Sol is one star on a spiral arm of the Milky Way, so apart from the fact it's the only place we know life exists, it's not in a remarkable position and it's not exactly the centre of a pan-dimensional empire. Why would Sol's third planet suddenly be destroyed after billions of years? Should we be re-writing the laws of physics for this?
* And the final point... Until you heard about this in the media, who also reported that swine flu was going to kill us all in 2009,
how many of you had even heard of the Mayans?

hanshan
23-11-12, 10:51
The age of Aquarius? I'm old enough to remember those words ignited the young in the late 1960s (via the musical Hair).

Annie0904
23-11-12, 11:14
The age of Aquarius? I'm old enough to remember those words ignited the young in the late 1960s (via the musical Hair).

Me too :) I was just thinking hanshan...it will be 21st Dec where you are before it is here so I wonder how that would work? :unsure: Seriously, I have done all my Christmas shopping and looking forward to Christmas as usual on 25th December :D

busybee09
23-11-12, 12:36
Some good replies there guys :)
Look forward to posting again on the 22 december !! Lol
Im gona try ignore the media and realise its a money making scam especially that lynx advert!

rubynoodles
23-11-12, 13:26
I do think it is really really irresponsible of advertising companies,films & tv companies etc to have 'spread' the word as there are lots of very anxious people who are really concerned about this.

I was reading an article the other day about a famous astrobiologist (think he's called David Morrison?). Anyhow, he gets lots of frantic emails each week from really worried people some are so concerned they have been asking him if they should commit suicide over this:ohmy:

Wolfie
23-11-12, 14:12
Yes, but the main job of the media: tv, newspapers, etc, is to create emotions in people...99% of time these emotions are negative. When you suffer from anxiety, depression, etc, these illnesses feed on negativity. Negativity worsens our conditions and keeps us in certain emotional states where we can't enjoy what life is. Life is an experience. We should consider it as the universe expressing itself in a physical sense. :)

Turn off the tv, put down the newspapers and look beyond the material world, explore your mind and soul and express love and no hate. Positive emotions are the way to go :)

Emma86
23-11-12, 14:51
I really hope not, Ive just booked tickets to a gig next March, am looking forward to it! Haha. If the world is going to end I would be glad to go with it, imagine being the last left!

Wolfie
23-11-12, 14:53
If anyone is interested about the media + fear and how it relates to 2012, here's a vid, its about 20mins long, so grab a cuppa! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xgovU9eMlg&feature=related

This may be a viewpoint which comforts people who are worried about 21st Dec - if you are partial to freaking out about divine causes, etc, I recommend not watching the video.

It also expands on the whole age of aquarius thing!

PokerFace
23-11-12, 18:42
Love this thread, thanks to everyone! I'm so gullible when it comes to "the end of the world" that one that was supposed to happen in May last year had me crying and shaking the whole day!

Seriously, thanks to all who offered reassuring replies! x

busybee09
23-11-12, 19:20
Love this thread, thanks to everyone! I'm so gullible when it comes to "the end of the world" that one that was supposed to happen in May last year had me crying and shaking the whole day!

Seriously, thanks to all who offered reassuring replies! x

Aw u sound like me! Yeah last May i saw it in the paper at work and my eyes popped out my head! because i truly believed that if it's in the paper then it must be true.
well i was reading the sun.... lol
xx

PokerFace
23-11-12, 20:50
Aw u sound like me! Yeah last May i saw it in the paper at work and my eyes popped out my head! because i truly believed that if it's in the paper then it must be true.
well i was reading the sun.... lol
xx

Haha, don't worry, I'm guilty of believing almost everything I read! Fuels my anxiety like nothing else :) Kinda glad to know I'm not the only one, even if it is bittersweet cuz I wouldn't wish this on anyone! xx

PanchoGoz
23-11-12, 21:03
Anxiety is weird isn't it? Sometimes I feel a bit anxious at those stupid "NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING YOU CAN'T STOP" posts. It defies all logic but anxiety still finds a way! Recently I've forced myself to read them through though.

PokerFace
23-11-12, 23:42
Anxiety is weird isn't it? Sometimes I feel a bit anxious at those stupid "NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING YOU CAN'T STOP" posts. It defies all logic but anxiety still finds a way! Recently I've forced myself to read them through though.

You mean those chain mails you get on Facebook and Youtube and stuff that tell you you're gonna die/someone you love's gonna die?

I HATE THEM!!

I can't force myself to read them cuz they fill me with anxiety, as soon as I read the first few words my tummy flips even though deep down I know it's lies... I don't get myself sometimes!! x

PanchoGoz
24-11-12, 00:16
You mean those chain mails you get on Facebook and Youtube and stuff that tell you you're gonna die/someone you love's gonna die?

I HATE THEM!!

I can't force myself to read them cuz they fill me with anxiety, as soon as I read the first few words my tummy flips even though deep down I know it's lies... I don't get myself sometimes!! x

Yep, I'm the same, that's why I use them as a good CBT-style challenge, harhar, testing my reasoning against my gut/fear feeling. Then I report them of course, in the hope that the sad culpitrator will be caught.

PokerFace
24-11-12, 01:35
Yep, I'm the same, that's why I use them as a good CBT-style challenge, harhar, testing my reasoning against my gut/fear feeling. Then I report them of course, in the hope that the sad culpitrator will be caught.

Ha! I've always loved your posts Pancho, you're so sensible, so reasonable, so clued! I literally can't read those chain mails, never had CBT, but I get the jist of it, I assume it requires bravery, something I have bare minimum of. Maybe I should read one all the way through next time. x

PanchoGoz
24-11-12, 12:29
Depends what you define as bravery :)

Annie0904
24-11-12, 12:37
I hate those chain mails and never read them to the end but still worry about them. I would never pass them on as I don't want others to share the same distress they cause me. Maybe we should just pass them on to some obscure address like the House of Commons or something then I won't be left feeling anxious about not sending them on. :D

PanchoGoz
24-11-12, 16:56
What if you sent it back to the sender, then they sent it back, would you be stuck in a kind of chain-mail loop-warp until everyone you love has died?

Annie0904
24-11-12, 17:03
:ohmy: I think I would have to block the sender if they kept doing that!

blonde_uk
24-11-12, 22:20
U cant spend yr life worrying about thingd like that

lizzie29
02-12-12, 22:11
I personally don't worry about the whole world ending thing. However, wondering what would happen if I claimed I did and spent hugely on credit cards because I thought I'd never have to pay them back?! Seeing as the media go on with all the hype, surely they should support me and pay my debt?! Lol!

panickyme
03-12-12, 01:36
Love it Lizzie, I'm shopping right along with you!!!!! I worry about dying all the time, but for some reason I do not worry about this at all. I guess I just look at it is if it were to happen (which I don't believe it will) we will all go together and I wont ever have the pain of losing one of my children, or my husband, or any of my family, or friends. We will all just go together. Look at it that way, and it's not so bad. :)

lizzie29
03-12-12, 18:56
Panicky - it's a plan! I agree, I don't think it will happen but like what you mean about everyone going together.

xfilme
16-12-12, 20:21
I found out about the whole december 21st thing a few years back, and it left me utterly terrified so I understand where you are coming from. I am still nervous and will be glad once it has passed, but my anxiety stems not from a belief in the so called 'philosophy' but because of the media. Any person who is able to do a little research can come to a pretty straight forward conclusion that firstly, there is no planet heading for us... nobody has any evidence of that... in fact, from my research, the person who started that claimed she got her information from aliens. Im not saying there arent aliens.... who knows... but theres a chance she could be a little delusional, especially when considering no scientist or astronomer can see this planet, and if it were the case, it would be easily visible by now using the naked eye. As for solar flares... yeah, thats possible, but that would only really harm transmitters and not people, so bye bye laptops and mobiles etc, but not bye bye us.

Then we have pole shifts.... well that takes thousands of years, so even if it did start to happen, which it wont, nobody would see the effects for hundreds of years... then theres the galactic plane theory.... we're actually moving away from the glactic plane, so that ones not an issue.

Ummm... what else is there.... oh... lets talk about the Mayan Long Count Calender. Ive read up on this for about 2 years as it interests me. Why is everyone so keyed up about the Mayan Long Count calender? I mean, nobody seems to have cared about ANYTHING else theyve ever said. Apart from the whole 'end of the world/apocalpyse' stuff, theres very little your average person knows about the Maya. I have read so muchjunk with headlines about 'The Mayan End of the Word' 'The Mayan Apocalypse' 'The Mayan End of Days' etc, and you know what? there is no Mayan reference to the end of the world.... anywhere... on any tablet. WE are the ones who have interepreted it that way... with a big helping of misinformation and a huge dollop of media hype. Really, how many of you hadnt even thought about it, until you watched the movie 2012? Anyone with even the smallest disposition towards anxiety could trigger a panic attack just from catching a glimpse of the dvd cover. What better publicity for a movie than to make it coincidentally about the year the Mayan Long COunt Calender ended on. Brilliant marketing. The Maya have not said the world will end. The Maya tablets speak of a transformation of consciousness. The ability to enhance our minds... a different perspective. Their calendars relate to periods of development. As we enter the age of aquarius, the maya believe that the world will transfoorm for the better... not the worse. This is why there is no panic amidst the maya of today... in fact they are celebrating, and bekoning an even better future.

I have no real concrete views on 21st. I dont believe in prophesy. Anything could happen, any day. Thats called life. None of us knows how life began with certainty. None of us can know how it will end. Whether your views are philosophical, scientific or based on faith... what will be will be. But I do wish to say this... if you want to have your own idea as to what can happen, do not base it on 5% of the actual information. The Mayan Long Count calender predicts no more that the end of one phase and the start of a new. Keep calm xx

busybee09
18-12-12, 15:19
It's now Tuesday and even though i don't believe it will reaaally happen i'm seriously pooping myself.
Some good replies that have made me feel more positive, past few days i've felt weird as though i've been let down and feel really depressed, i cant explain.
But once flippin Fridays over i'm gona be one happy bunny !!!

Anyone know what time it's suppost to end? My bf told me 12am Fri morning so when i get up Friday it should have already happened and i'll feel safe.

Help me stay sane guys :) :yesyes:

Annie0904
18-12-12, 15:41
I guess 12am Friday morning will be about 12pm in Australia so if we hear from our Australian friends at 12am Thursday evening we will be fine :) Seriously WE WILL BE FINE!! I am sure of it otherwise I would not have paid such a big deposit for my Christmas turkey! x

busybee09
18-12-12, 15:48
Ahh Thank You!
LOL deposit for Christmas Turkey haha.
Thursday/Friday I am NOT using facebook cus i no what it will be plastered with.
Shall be in touch 22ND December!! lol xx

Annie0904
18-12-12, 15:51
Will look forward to speaking to you on 22nd :D (Believe me, I'm always right, my husband says so :D )

Rls1994
18-12-12, 16:14
I doubt they'd say anything if the world was going to end, because it will cause a massive panic. Not to mention everyone rioting.

Nothing is going to happen though, so I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas! ....and enjoy your Turkey Annie! :yesyes:

I'm getting a motorbike which I've always wanted since I became 17. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year.

sophieunderscore
18-12-12, 16:42
Ugh deep down I know this isn't going to happen, but will my mind let me just get on with life...? nope! Also decided yesterday it would be a good idea to spend the day reading about conspiracy theories, I don't help myself at all. :lac:

PanchoGoz
18-12-12, 17:05
We were just as scared over the Harold Camping thing, remember! He's "postponed" the apocalypse twice since then. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=95176&highlight=harold+camping

talkinghelps
18-12-12, 18:37
What gets me slightly wound up over things like this is the amount of coverage it's getting, despite many (probably 100%) of credible sources calling it ********. I don't think they realise the effect it has on some people at all. I'm a massive, MASSIVE Christmas person, and it's effectively ruined the build up completely for me this past week because I can't actually picture beyond Friday, as ridiculous as it seems. I google 'end of the world' for updated news every hour, literally. I check on lunch, at home, at work. I keep reading sensible articles on why its ********, i look around at everyone not even paying attention to it and wonder why i'm still thinking about it CONSTANTLY. I'm thinking worst case scenario - waking up and my girlfriend in floods of tears watching the news, multiple phone calls, people running round like mad men.

I know none of this will happen, and the sensible person would listen to the professors, the real Mayans, the scientists, the astronomers, NASA!! But i choose to ignore all that, as my mates are laughing away getting on with life, I sit at home and panic and think about the worst case scenario.

But what winds me up even more is I read a story about someone stabbing a load of people the other day, and it was put down to him being mentally affected by the end of the world rumours. There are people out there who will genuinely believe all this and take it a lot more seriously than us, and could cause damage to others.

I'm just really looking forward to (hopefully - see, I still have doubts) waking up on Saturday and putting it down to ********.

I think the difference between this one and the Harold Camping one was there's more science based theory to this than just predicted bullshnit.

PanchoGoz
18-12-12, 18:43
I don't believe there is any more science behind this prediction then the ones before? And please don't swear, it makes me sad :)

talkinghelps
18-12-12, 18:47
I don't believe there is any more science behind this prediction then the ones before? And please don't swear, it makes me sad :)

Sorry, I write on different forums and sometimes forget the tone is slightly different here than in other places! I'm glad it censored it! :)

Wasn't Harold Campings more of a prediction than anything else? Where as this one they're predicting rogue planets etc. Admittedly they don't exist, but scientific in a way.

PanchoGoz
18-12-12, 18:58
Ah yes I've heard this thing about planets - however even if it sounds more sciencey, that doesn't mean there's any scientific proof behind it. It's just something someone's made up on a a forum somewhere. The only reason people are associating december 21st with armageddon is because some historians got excited about being able to translate a Mayan calandar into a modern date and it's quite a long calandar that ends on that date. But the Mayans themselves have never said anything about the end of the world. It's just the end of an age, and then the beginning of a new one, a bit like the Chinese have a year of the dog, year of the rooster etc.
Harold Camping used numerology...translating numbers from the bible into dates and referenceing it with verses. I looked him up earlier, just to see how the old gy was getting on, seems he made a public apology and quitted Family Radio, hahar! :roflmao:
I'm hating the media too, it's getting more and more upsetting. Haven't had a telly for 12 weeks and now all I see on it is the news and bad things. Oh and don't get me STARTED on the Daily Mail :mad:

Annie0904
18-12-12, 19:12
It is supposed to be the beginning of the era of Aquarius so I am hoping things are going to get better for me as my birth sign is Aquarius! :D

Chester
18-12-12, 19:40
I stupidly went looking for reassurance this afternoon and hopped around a few forums set up by 'believers'

The internet, as well as giving folk like us a great opportunity to share ideas, support and experiences also gives others opportunity to air the views they hold.

It's also a mine of information that we, as anxiety or depressed folk, shouldn't really look at because we can be quite vulnerable and gullible to worst case scenarios.

So I managed to scare the bejesus out of myself, whilst punishing myself for looking into it/falling for it and its lingering.

Col
18-12-12, 19:40
Same as my daughter Annie, ohhh and typically Aquarian!
Humanitarian, loyal and friendly. She's lovely 10 a nice age. So yep hopefully next year will be a good year for you. I'm a Virgo and too much a Virgo it sends me mad, OCD because I'm such a perfectionist. Not good - the only contradiction - I'm an earth sign but, feel like I've got my head in the clouds all the time, with this anxiety.
As for the end of the world - they've been saying it for years, I just think we should welcome every day as it comes and quite frankly - not listen! Although I completely think the media should stop 'scare mongering' were all different & some people get really upset about stuff like this ! X

claire m
18-12-12, 19:47
HI everyone i thought i would just write a few lines on this as like a lot of people on here my anxiety has been heightened to unbeliavably levels with this for a long time, but one thing that has helped me enormously is a website called hoax 2012 which is run by a group of people all over the world from many different backgrounds some science, some computers, some self confessed nerds, when i discovered the website i thought of this forum specifically knowing that im sure it would help some fears.
Im quite a logical person so debunking claims with science is perfect for me. I cant say come friday i will be cool and calm because i wont its not me, but just ask yourself this, when you hear a rumour where is the science?
some little tips that may help:
*dont go on youtube looking for answers
*ask yourself how many times have you been in this situation
*keep yourself busy
*stop looking through the headlines if you go browsing one click leads to another.
*treat yourself do something nice for yourself/friends/family friends

everyone have a merry xmas www.2012hoax.org

sophieunderscore
18-12-12, 20:54
My problem is, I go searching for things which make my anxiety worse - rather than looking for things which debunk the theories, I search for stuff which gives reasons why it apparently will happen... i's the same as when I used to search for "brain tumor and headache" on google and panic when results came up.

PanchoGoz
18-12-12, 21:54
Aaaah I've just remembered the hadron collidor as well, that was a good one!

talkinghelps
18-12-12, 22:47
My problem is, I go searching for things which make my anxiety worse - rather than looking for things which debunk the theories, I search for stuff which gives reasons why it apparently will happen... i's the same as when I used to search for "brain tumor and headache" on google and panic when results came up.

Typical of anxiety that, well at least I experience that a lot and I can completely associate with what you're saying. I do the same, when i look on google i'm scanning for the one article that might say something like 'it MIGHT happen'. even a 1% chance, to scare me. But I can't actually find anything this time around.

laineystod1
19-12-12, 00:20
I came on here tonight to seek reassurance about this. Im genuinely petrified :( I just read a thread on another website and it scared the living daylights out of me. Im going to be such a nervous wreck from now until Saturday... I have managed to debunk all previous 'end of the world' predictions, but there is something about this one that I cant shake off. I blame the media. That film was such a stupid stupid idea. Thank you so much for the poster likening the Mayans to the chinese with the Dogs/Roosters etc, that actually made me feel a whole lot better. xx

RavenLight
19-12-12, 11:33
it's nice to know i'm not alone. i keep talking to my friends about it, and, of course, everyone tells me it's not going to happen, we're going to be ok. but, like someone else mentioned, this one i can't let go of. i didn't care about the other predictions.
i read stuff that debunks it as that makes me feel better but i keep thinking, in the back of my head, these people just don't know. they're the one who are being naive.
it's terrible. i've been in fear of this for a couple of years now. i've been a mess for the last few weeks.
glad, at least, to have you guys to come back to.

talkinghelps
19-12-12, 13:04
The question i'd ask here is when can we start breathing a sigh of relief? Auckland is 13 hours in front of us, so at 11am tomorrow it'll be the 21st there. Can we assume that if we're still here by 11.05am (00.05am in Auckland) that all is fine? :huh:

Chester
19-12-12, 15:00
The question i'd ask here is when can we start breathing a sigh of relief? Auckland is 13 hours in front of us, so at 11am tomorrow it'll be the 21st there. Can we assume that if we're still here by 11.05am (00.05am in Auckland) that all is fine? :huh:

It's 11:11 GMT according to believers :bighug1:

One of said believers has posted on his Facebook page (December212012 Network)

PLEASE PEOPLE. . . I'm begging you. Do not overreact or make any rash decisions regarding Dec 21st. Anyone who knows anything about the 2012 prophecies, including myself, does not believes that the world is going to end. This date simply marks the end of an era and the beginning of a new. This is an exciting time for our planet and we should consider ourselves blessed to be alive and able to experience a fantastic new existence.

Rls1994
19-12-12, 16:17
I am not really worried about this, but today, I have been a bit..

Have any of you seen the film Knowing? If you have, you'll know what I'm talking about when I post this.

When I went shopping today, it felt hotter than usual. I was sweating and so was my Mum. If you've seen the film Knowing, it gets hot a day or so before you-know-what happens, so now I've been thinking about solar flares and stuff. UGH! I'm so stupid and crazy...

I'm sorry if I've scared anyone, but even though solar flares that big won't ever happen, I still worry a little bit about it..

NoPoet
19-12-12, 21:18
Let's hope the world doesn't end tomorrow, Minecraft 360 hasn't been updated with witches yet :mad:

Rls1994
19-12-12, 21:26
^ lol

It will be if Rebecca Black gets to 1# in the music charts. :rolleyes:

NoPoet
19-12-12, 23:52
She'd better not, I promised to poo my pants on the six o'clock news if that ever happened.

EDIT: I told my mate that if the world does actually end, he gets all my Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe DVDs... and I haven't even got Universe yet, it's on my Christmas list.

How will I pay up??

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x104/FleetAdmiralGreenscreen/Avatars/motivator5932780.jpg

Wolfie
19-12-12, 23:56
If it's any consolation, it's been fecking freezing here all day!

KK77
20-12-12, 00:52
Will have my annual Big Mac before, just in case :wacko:

xfilme
20-12-12, 00:59

You cant really go by the time in another country based on the fact it is the first to change to the 22nd, because that would mean we would need multiple end of the worlds while it worked its way through the timezones. If it happened.... which I dont believe it will, the most logical clock to go by would be in the time zone of the people who made the original calendar... :P

This might help. Gives you the times in of all timezones according to where most maya come from, so you know when you can relax. for us in the UK, at its latest, that makes it about midday on 22nd. I dont believe the day will be any different than any other, but like everyone else, Ill be glad once Im happily on the other side of it and I can sleep without getting anxious.I guess if you are concerned about the so called prophesy, the greatest sigh of relief you have is when every time zone leaves the 21st. Which, at latest, would be 1.35am on 23rd, if you live in New Zealand, when the new sun rises over the same mayan location on the 22nd as and finally proves the end of the world as wrong. x

http://www.geographictravels.com/2012/12/when-exactly-will-mayan-december-2012.html

StarryBlueGal
20-12-12, 02:28
I am not really worried about this, but today, I have been a bit..

Have any of you seen the film Knowing? If you have, you'll know what I'm talking about when I post this.

When I went shopping today, it felt hotter than usual. I was sweating and so was my Mum. If you've seen the film Knowing, it gets hot a day or so before you-know-what happens, so now I've been thinking about solar flares and stuff. UGH! I'm so stupid and crazy...

I'm sorry if I've scared anyone, but even though solar flares that big won't ever happen, I still worry a little bit about it..

I saw that film!!! I saw that film two months ago, and it sent me into a panic attack too! I hated watching that, I tried telling myself it is not real. I got into a panic about the end of the world. I was obsessing about the end of the world and I couldn't sleep very well over that film.

It was freezing here today and it was raining all day... but I don't think it will get hotter tomorrow. I hope not. I hate people talking about the end of the world and it is very scary and crazy people talking about the Mayans etc!!!

But now I am obsessing over conspiracy theories and UFOs..... weird.... I don't think the world will end. Most of my friends think it won't happen.

StarryBlueGal xx

Rls1994
20-12-12, 03:24
Don't worry - we will be abducted by aliens and taken to another planet.

On a serious note, we will find out in less than two days now that...... nothing has happened!

By the way, a solar flare that big like on that film isn't even possible as far as I know. Well, it won't happen for millions and millions of years yet anyway if it could happen.

Enjoy Christmas everyone! :yesyes:

phil06
20-12-12, 04:23
I'm up late anxious worrying about it again keep getting negative thoughts the world might end..

busybee09
20-12-12, 06:16
I'm up late anxious worrying about it again keep getting negative thoughts the world might end..

same here im so panicky now its thursday!! surely if it was to hsppen theyd be more hyper but to be honest iv not seen anything in the papers or even on facebook!
ill be so relieved Sat morning when this is over :(

---------- Post added at 06:16 ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 ----------

if i wake up tomo still alive does it mean the world hasnt ended??

rainbow
20-12-12, 11:15
i am really nervous today, got a migraine and my heart keeps beating really fast for a few seconds. I'm keeping my kids off school tomorrow morning just in case:scared15:

busybee09
20-12-12, 12:16
i keep checkin this thread for reassurance! god im so scared and silly :(
and dont listen to kerrang radio cus theyv been doin a countdown to it.

dno wether to take some diazapem tonight! but only spost to use it for flying

Annie0904
20-12-12, 12:19
Don't worry it isn't going to happen! I'm always right...my husband said so! :D Seriously i really don't think there is anything to worry about. just plan your day to day activities as normal x

talkinghelps
20-12-12, 12:26
i keep checkin this thread for reassurance! god im so scared and silly :(
and dont listen to kerrang radio cus theyv been doin a countdown to it.

dno wether to take some diazapem tonight! but only spost to use it for flying

Key things to remember -

Many, MANY people (including Mayans themselves) have said that they have not once said the world is going to end, only that a new calendar begins.

Also, to put it in a little perspective, Australians are already in the 21st of December, and theres been nothing from them. I find it amusing that we're supposed to believe that the Mayans sat there and based all their calculations on GMT.

rainbow
20-12-12, 12:51
so bloody scared feel on the edge of panic

serendipity_x
20-12-12, 15:24
These things happen so often by paranoia spreaders that it's almost inevitable its not going to happen. If it ends then i'll deal with that when it comes. Que sera sera.

GirlAfraid23
20-12-12, 16:08
Listen guys the mayans put this calender together BEFORE the invention of leap years therefore the world should have ended a while back

Chester
20-12-12, 16:15
Que Sera Sera as they say.

Like many things we worry about, we can't do anything about it.

It's one of those things but I'd urge you all please don't do anything out of character or different as it's no different to your safety behaviours and it won't help you in the future x

Colin44
20-12-12, 16:44
Said this elsewhere on the forums, if its going to end there is nothing that anyone can really do about it.

However I will bet my left testicle that the world will not end tomorrow!

NoPoet
20-12-12, 16:49
How come the end of the world couldn't wait til after Christmas? Or is this some kind of cosmic Scrooge's Revenge? (Similar to Ghandi's Revenge except you don't need to eat a curry first.)

I must say, I have taken this very personally, so I sat down to write to my local MP. Unfortunately, I don't know who that is, since Denis McShane (who has been a lifelong friend of my dad's) had to quit over some unfortunate money oversight where he accidentally spent thousands of pounds that weren't his, and compounded this simple mistake by accidentally filling in false expense claim forms.

So I wrote to Matt Bellamy from Muse.

"Dear Matt,

I expect you've heard that the world will suddenly 'end' this week, like worlds often do. I also expect a perfectly good explanation as to why this is happening in the week before Christmas.

I am eagerly awaiting Christmas Day so I can re-live the adventures of Stargate Universe. And Merlin. Also, the new Star Trek film doesn't come out til next May.

Having the world suddenly 'end' is a bally disgrace. I demand you do something about this.

PsychoPoet

P.S. Can you not do another dubstep album, it turns my bowels to water every time I imagine waiting 4 years for another album I won't like. Why don't you just re-make your Absolution album? After all, Republica did something similar about 4 times and they're coining it in."

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/nopoet406/imageaxd_zps78d18987.jpg

busybee09
20-12-12, 22:00
i was doin completely fine until i went on facebook n saw a photoshopped photo of australia that said breaking news n some crazy sky painting
im so naughty for going on!!
absolutely ball of nerves now will try get to sleep.
let me know how you all are coping xx

Annie0904
20-12-12, 22:02
I'm coping fine because I don't believe it. I am going for my physiotherapists appointment in the morning and then will prepare for my family arriving on Saturday for Christmas :)

busybee09
20-12-12, 22:08
I'm coping fine because I don't believe it. I am going for my physiotherapists appointment in the morning and then will prepare for my family arriving on Saturday for Christmas :)

Annie, you do give me hope lol. send over some chilled out vibes xx

adamikey1
21-12-12, 11:13
11.13 still here lolol

spuder
21-12-12, 11:19
its a load of rubbish i dont belive it

OliviaD
21-12-12, 11:32
Basically it's all about the end of the Age of Pisces (did I spell that right?), what's happening on 21st Dec, is a cosmic alignment, we're simplying entering into the Age of Aquarius. Just space stuff. Don't worry too much about it.

Actually, the best alignment (Earth-Sun-center of galaxy) already took place, in 1998. I edited a book by a top astrophysicist, Margherita Hack (she's a legend in Italy) which explains all the mysteries people are currently afraid of. :)

Sparkle1984
21-12-12, 11:40
i was doin completely fine until i went on facebook n saw a photoshopped photo of australia that said breaking news n some crazy sky painting
im so naughty for going on!!
absolutely ball of nerves now will try get to sleep.
let me know how you all are coping xx

I saw that on Facebook and Twitter too. People often make these Photoshopped images to try and scare people. I knew it was fake otherwise it would have been on the news.

I'm glad we're all still here! :D