PDA

View Full Version : Natural Emotion

Melisssa
22-11-12, 12:09
Anxiety is a natural emotion, it's us who creates a monster out of it.. I believe reading and knowleged of the illness is the most beneficial. There are some great books out there. It got me through the death of my mother. I refused medication. Though I'm not against it of its needed. I spent weeks having full blown panic attacks that hit me in waves. I ran to my sisters and stayed with her. I was too scared to leave. My security In life was gone (my mother). Every time I calmed down reality would hit again, my mother was Dead. I was 33 with 3 children, and a husband. The reality of life and death suddenly became real. I'd never been to a funeral. It was the hardest time of my life. I got out of it by reading. I can have a panic attack and literally sit through it, I reconise it so well. I'd rather panic than sneaky subtle signs of anxiety that force you to believe your going to die from some illness. Atleast a panic attack fizzles out.. Though can leave you feeling kicked in the guts for days. :( We just have to remember we are having a normal emotion, just blown out of proportion. I think anxious people are more aware of reality, where as others just cruze along with life, and take what comes. I think anxious people look beyond. We are deep thinkers! That's why meditation is a great tool.. It teaches the mind to calm. There are plenty of methods that work.. I was so worn out for panic, I would have welcomed fainting.. I got so angry I dared it to hurt me. I got so tired of letting my mind control my feelings. If I panicked I sit and breath through it.. And let it pass.. Horrible, but it won't stop until you stop running from it.. I realized that when I realized I can't run from myself.. Untimatly without medication I had no choice other than to control my emotions. Now mines has manifested into health anxiety, but I'm going to rein it in.. Worrying wont change a thing, especially a diagnosis! All it's doing is robbing us of preciuous days

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Btw Ive been on the MS Bandwagaon, until I realized, if my dizziness or muscle cramps are MS then I can deal with it. I'm not going to put myself through testing that doesn't always diagnose the illness for a long time, Only to find out I've got a real reason to worry!! I'm happy to call it anxiety! It never hurt anyone :)

Serenitie
22-11-12, 12:16
Great post!

I believe that anxiety is the body's way of letting us know that something is wrong in our life. It makes you listen and take stock and if we are wise and brave enough, grieve or make the adjustments that we need to make.

I do take medication. It gives me the breathing space that I need to do the work I need to do to overcome the trauma and hurt that caused anxiety to surface. However, I am a firm believer that being with your feelings, listening to gut feelings and working on yourself as well as being kind to yourself is the only way to get anxiety to a manageable level where you can learn from it and stop it from controlling your life.

Melisssa
22-11-12, 12:41
Very true!! There are times I've felt that I could benefit from Medication, if for nothing else just to ease the physical symtoms, Like reflux. I think I've just leant that we are in control more than we realize. Medication is always good to give you time to get our head around what's happening. Allow space to learn about the illness and get yourself together.. Unfortunately for me, my Mother suffered from severe Anxiety. She trusted her Doctor, who fed her pills for decades. Sadly mum never knew to look beyond pills and her Doctor failed her.. We kicked his ass with the HCCC but that doesn't bring my mother back. I grew up watching her addictions, and have an enormous fear of medications and have very little faith in Drs. Knowlege is power with Anxiety!! In the end, we all need the tools to learn to cope with emotions.. I believe Majority Of Anxiety is fear of death. There is no cure for death! That leaves us anxious for a long time. Unless you believe in heaven, and I do. If I didn't I couldn't put one foot in front of the other..