PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS A PANIC ATTACK? HELP

juju
18-08-06, 19:23
HI ALL
can anyone clarify this for me,
is a panic attack an anxiety attack, or is it more severe, is it also when your panic reaches a peak and you feel terrified and need to escape?
im confused as i have had this but i have anxiety symptoms on and off all days which never get to that frightening point but they do (the symptoms) get quite strong. can anyone help as im starting to think that these are p/a ,s but milder, or im controlling them?
soz to go on, but is it poss to have all the symptoms of anxiety w/out the attacks?
thanks in advance HELP, im torturing myself about this
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

nomorepanic
18-08-06, 19:29
Ju

My thoughts are on this previous post...

What's the difference between panic and anxiety? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2963)

They are not the same thing

Nicola

juju
18-08-06, 19:57
thanks nic
just read up, not freakin out now woud have give myself a p/a with worrying lol
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

becky1000
19-08-06, 15:37
In my experience a panic attack is when anxieties reach an extremely high level and ones body then goes into panic mode, sweating, heart racing, shortness of breath, feeling faint, tingling sensations in hands or feet and so on.......This is an attack which last for a certain period of time - perhaps 20 minutes, maybe longer.
Anxiety is a feeling of anxiousness which one can actually live with for months, it also produces physical symptoms but not as extreme as a panic attack

wayne lewis
08-09-08, 07:45
yes. simular anxiety builds up to a panic attack which is where you feel your having an heart attack but your not. its just your mind anabling you to feel in this discrection