PDA

View Full Version : Clenching jaw :-(

casswhite
22-11-12, 15:10
Hello :-), im wondering if anybody clenches there jaw and teeth??. I find myself doing this throughout the day without realising. Its only happened recently.

Is this another anxiety symptom?? its making mine worse!!! :-(

Thanks for any replys cass

BobbyDog
22-11-12, 15:21
It could be anxiety or it could be down to medication. SSRI's have that effect on me.

nilepalace304
22-11-12, 15:32
i do it all the time and im not on ssri's. It gives me shooting pains in side of head and dizziness. Try to stop it when i realise but its hard. It comes and goes, just get your teeth checked regularly.

kittikat
22-11-12, 21:46
I have started doing this since starting Venlafaxine 10 weeks ago, very annoying, and I must do it a lot in my sleep too as I often wake with a sore jaw & teeth!

Pipkin
22-11-12, 22:02
I do this too. I've always done it in my sleep but it's got worse since I've been on Venlafaxine, and I do it during the day now as well. I spoke to my dentist about it and he said that I may need a splint if I carry on.

I completely sympathise - it gives me a headache and jaw ache which can get pretty bad sometimes.

Pip x

Jojo1603
22-11-12, 22:05
Try slapping on arnica gel - really helps with muscle tension - great on forehead and neck as well :yesyes:

lucy30
23-11-12, 03:39
I do this as well, it comes and goes. I had a really bad time with it a couple of weeks back. It was like I couldn't relax my jaw even if I wanted to. I meditated and kept busy and it seemed to pass.

BobbyDog
23-11-12, 07:09
I wear a tooth guard when I am sleeping, have a word with your dentist about it. If I don't use my guard at night I bite my tongue and cheeks.

casswhite
24-11-12, 16:57
Thanks everyone for your replys :-). It seems to have subsided but now every minuite or so my tongue goes into a spasm its really strange :-(