PDA

View Full Version : Irrational thoughts

Hwaight2012
22-11-12, 15:44
I have suffered with anxiety for good few years now and in the last 12 months have been able to manage my symptoms well. However, I've had a few busy stressful weeks and at the weekend, I went away for the weekend without my husband. I had dreaded going all week and was crying when I said bye on the Friday evening. I love my husband and children very much.

On the Saturday morning I suddenly thought to myself that I wasn't missing my hubby as much as I thought and my brain went of on a tangent and decided this must mean that I don't love him anymore or want to be with him! This caused me fear and panic as I don't feel like that but it's like my brain is arguing with me! I love my life and am happy so feel sick with worry as to why I would suddenly think this.

Help!!

Jojo1603
22-11-12, 16:00
Ive had thoughts like this - You're damned if u do and damned if you don't! I guess it's guilt that your actually enjoying yourself - what I do is let the thoughts pass and once in a calm state ask yourself why you felt that why - see what pops into yr head but only once yr completely calm and free of emotions - hope that helps and makes sense!!

Hwaight2012
22-11-12, 16:56
Thanks. I know what my heart feels it its like my brain is rebelling. I can't stop thinking about it and just want to go back to before! Can anxiety cause this?

Jojo1603
22-11-12, 18:30
Anxiety is a strange beast and there's so many 'odd' feeling/sensations - when I find myself in the midst of it all I take a mental step back and have a look at things - just my way of taking control and understanding - onwards and upwards!

Hwaight2012
23-11-12, 13:56
I've had irrational thoughts before and health anxiety but this is worse due to the nature of it. No matter how hard I try I can't snap myself out of it and its making me ill :-((