PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what is wrong

Livxxxxx
22-11-12, 15:47
Hey I feel dizzy sometimes when I stand up ,I get constant muscle spasms and feel like I'm going to faint ! My head and neck feel very tense and my back is strained i also get a trickling feeling in my head and hands sometimes these symptoms are driving me mad ! Does anyone else get this ?

nomorepanic
22-11-12, 15:48
What is your blood pressure like?

Livxxxxx
22-11-12, 15:51
It's normal has bloods and blood pressure done everything came back fine

ricardo
22-11-12, 15:58
Possibly hyperventilating. Are you on any medication ? Go and see your GP and get reassurance .

Livxxxxx
22-11-12, 16:07
It's normal has bloods and blood pressure done everything came back fine

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

I went to doc he said I'm fine it's happening about 10 months now he said it is anxiety but I don't know it's driving me insane ! Just want to see if anyone else has similar symptoms. Not on any medication

ricardo
22-11-12, 18:31
It does appear to be hyperventilating. I suffer from that and it can be constant even when you are asleep and therefore your muscles can ache or feel stiff.

The page on Common Symptoms (see left side of home Page ) should reassure you.

Anxious_gal
23-11-12, 06:35
I always say to get your tyroid, iron and b12 tested via blood test.
Also make a note of when you last had food, I find eating usually helps some of the time.
Gettibg dizzy or faint after standing up is normal, ie head rush. Your blood pressure just drops a bit too fast, so it helps to sit back down or lower your head until it passes.
Dizziness can be due to ear issues, such as vertigo, sinus problems can cause fluid to build up below your ears in these little tubes which can make you feel dizzy.
Being anxious, heart racing, over breathing, being tired, hormones etc. can all cause dizziness.

Pipkin
23-11-12, 07:34
I think your GP's right - these are typical anxiety symptoms that most of us have experienced at one time or another. The really difficult part is accepting that they are caused by anxiety and not by some underlying physical condition.

As long as you keep looking for an answer, your body will react as if there is something physically wrong, making your symptoms worse. Read through some posts on here and you'll see that you're far from alone. Once you start to accept the symptoms for what they are, you'll take your focus off them and they will get better and better. It's tough to do, I know, but ultimately it's the best way to deal with it.

Good luck and take care

Pip x