PDA

View Full Version : dizziness/feel like am falling over?

Worried-jen
23-11-12, 10:01
Hi, i have been experiencing dizziness for a while now on and off, i do get it everyday feels like im walking on a conveyer belt if that makes sense and also feel like am falling over, sometimes when im sitting it feels like everything spinning round about me, its not related to panic attacks im calm when they happen? So fed up with this its just one thing after another, and of course googling about it too hasnt done me any good as now i think itheart related, and i was doing well hadnt google in ages :(

almamatters
23-11-12, 10:58
I really sympathise as this is something I have been getting for a few months. Feel sort of drunk and woozy and the floor feels weird when I walk on it. Had eyes checked and brain scan and no problems. Have asked GP to refer me to ENT as now I am convinced my ears of playing up. Another GP told me it was related to adrelalin (spelling) and to exercise more (bit difficult when you feel dizzy to be honest) . I am calm when I get it as well which is strange, at least I think I am calm. It truly is a horrible sensation ,started recently to get head pressure as well which is even worse.

Ddcoo
23-11-12, 15:52
I have had this often in the past and also I tend to walk to one side. It is always anxiety with me and I now try to shrug it off when it happens. Also I get flash dizzy spells when I am sitting down watching th TV etc, but I have no idea why it occurs. I think it is just heightened anxiety; try not to put too much score on it although I do know that is difficult to do.

pepperutchie
23-11-12, 17:37
this have been one of my major symptoms back then,just one of the weired feelings or sensations that anxiety can throw at you..dont give them any respect let your mind rest by accepting every sensation,dont get anxious just because your anxious,for now try to understand that your mind and your nerves are so tired and sensitised thats why they are producing some sensation to let you know that they need rest,accept this for now as best as you could.these are just harmless sensation.

harrys mummy
23-11-12, 19:56
I think my anxiety got out of control when I was around 21 although I always remember thinking the worst if something was wrong with me back to before I was in my teens! Anyway, before I accepted it was anxiety I went months with dizzyness and vertigo, it was awful, I feel like I was falling over even when I was sitting down, no one got it! But eventually I realised the more I worried the more I felt giddy! I still get it, I quite often feel as if I've been pushed and am going to fall and as for heights there a no no!!!! But I know its anxiety my bodys way of saying oi!!! I'm sure yours is too, big hugs, it still scares the hell out of me, dunno why, big big hugs xxxx I know it doesn't make it better but your not alone xx P.S I forgot to say I was diagnosed with all sorts of ear things and put on anti seasickness pills before they decided it was anxiety xx