PDA

View Full Version : future scareing me

maximus1975
23-11-12, 18:51
well the meeting at the drs and speaking to the consultant went as badly as it could have possibly done , all i wanted to do was stay on the same dosage of benzo until after xmas.
then change the ad now as i dont think the one that im on is doing anything for me, i put this to the dr and he looked at me and said one word " tough" its gunna be really bad withdrwal but youv'e got to go through it.
so i spoke to the consultant when i got home and he is not allowing me to stay on lorazepam i just dont get it there lowering my dose of meds when im feeling really ill.
i said to the consultant that i tried to switch from lorazepam to diazepam last week and it left me suicidal and he said i didnt give it long enough , what sort of answer is that i was itching to jump in front of a car.
so basically there doing the exact opposite of what i want to happen changing and lowering my benzo and keeping me on the same anti depressant until ive got use to the new benzo .
i no already this is gunna be a nightmare ive had some bad days lately but some good ones aswell now im dreading xmas, i no what there doing is right for me in the longterm i wish thet would just delay it a bit.
also the thing that scares me is when they started really cutting back my brothers benzo's he ended up in front of a train i told the dr this and he just said "everyones different " im not happy at all with todays outcome

Frightened_guy
23-11-12, 19:22
Sorry to hear about this, it seems as if your a bit stuck and people are against you, i think your doctors are showing you tough love, at the end of the day the longer you stay on a Benzo the harder it is to come off. Benzo's cause more problems than the initial problem you started them for.
My dad has worked in the health service for 30 plus years and has encountered people with Benzo addiction that come and see him and can hardly speak correctly or shake. It can cause severe neurological damage over time, so your doctors have obviously decided that now is just a good time as any and they don't want to be held responsible for any damage to your health. I know its not the news or words you wanted but follow your doctors instructions and go back and see him if the withdrawal is unbearable and see what else he can suggest.

I wish you well

maximus1975
23-11-12, 19:26
gotta say thats not filled me with much confidence as ive been on them for 7 years this is gunna brake me i no it im so so scared not even sure i should be attemting this at home ??

Frightened_guy
23-11-12, 19:28
Maybe you have a good point there! maybe you should be admitted into a Psychological ward for the withdrawal process so you have extra support? it does seem a bit harsh to leave you on your own to cope with this especially after 7 years of addiction :/

maximus1975
23-11-12, 20:35
its something im gunna have to look into i feel

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

are there beds for people like me though

maximus1975
24-11-12, 11:21
does anybody else have an opinion on what i should do my nerves are at breaking point