PDA

View Full Version : Just want to ask

ReissG
23-11-12, 20:19
The internet doesn't know everything right?
So what I've seen in my throat could be completely normal and not be cancer?
It doesn't look like cancer but I can't find anything about it on google and when I go onto those ask websites like Yahoo everyone just tells me I'm fine or yes it could cancer which sends my head twirling.
I hate this EFFING anxiety so much, what I hate more is that I've spent 2 hours looks at peoples throats online and trying to find someone who is similar to me, completely ignoring the fact every throat I've looked at hasn't looked the same...
argh

harrys mummy
23-11-12, 20:46
What's in your throat hub? Xx

ReissG
23-11-12, 20:52
Well just beneath my tonsil, is a bit of flesh, it's kind of red/skin colour and last week when I had a tooth infection this piece of flesh got swollen like a tonsil does and after 5 days of anti biotics it went back to what it usually looks/feels like.
I want to know whether we have extra tonsil tissue or just any other glands in the throat because this piece of tissue under my tonsil acted like a gland or normal tonsil would but it's not actually stuck to the tonsil.
Any glands I had swollen have gone back to size, all pain has gone and the tooth infection has gone, with cancer I know lymph nodes swell but they never go down in size, mine have and so has this piece of flesh.
I'm just confused as to why no one on google has ever had it seeing as google thinks it knows everything lol
My mums friend said she has a flap of skin further back from her tonsil that swells up with her tonsils but sometimes doesn't and it's just extra tonsil.

I'm just terrified :(

vindrea
24-11-12, 08:00
ok firstly is it your pharynx?
secondly if not I have a skin tag at the back of my throat like where my tongue attaches and its annoying but perfectly normal xx

Trent1481
24-11-12, 08:08
hey buddy, relax...we all get bumps and lumps. Just watch it and if it gets worse then go to the doctor. But as of right now you cant worry, because as far as you know its nothing. Don't play doctor, and you will not know what you have looking up pictures. JUst wait and relax, as of right now you cant do anything about it. best of luck

ReissG
24-11-12, 15:21
It's directly below my tonsil, looks like it should be part of it, has the same colour to it, but it's not attached!
It's gone down in swelling even more today!