PDA

View Full Version : hello

leescott
24-11-12, 16:29
hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. Im scott, i just got prescribed sertraline 50mg to try and deal with my anxiety and whats seems to be depression. ive never taken anything like this before so am a bit concerned of the outcome but i know i couldnt go on the way i was living so had to bite the bullit. im on day 2 at the moment and feeling a bit shut off from everyone as i dont want to tell my friends im on them. I hope talking to people in the same situation as me will help.

hope to speak to some of you soon :)

nomorepanic
24-11-12, 16:41
Hi leescott

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
24-11-12, 16:47
Hi :welcome:

Sparkle1984
24-11-12, 17:19
Welcome to the forums! :)

leescott
24-11-12, 18:08
hey...thanks for the welcome :)

Serenitie
24-11-12, 22:28
:welcome: Lee! I'm sure you will make some new friends and receive the support you need on here :)

leescott
25-11-12, 13:42
thanks serenitie....i hope i can help others too in any way i can. glad to have some support :)

Thumbelina
25-11-12, 13:53
Hi Scott,
Great job seing doctor and coming onto the site - it is a massive step.
I am here for the same reason, really desperate to talk to people feeling the same as i do at the moment and not pSs judgements.
Medicine will work right if you trust that they will and you will not anticipate the sideeffects. If you trust you doctor - then you have to trust the choice he made with the medicine. Only try and really believe that it will help and it should help allot.
Dont think that you will be forever on them and that it is a sign of weakness, just think its like a paracetamol for headache or like a bandage for a broken hand.
Also keep sharing your feelings - it massively helps.
Take care,
Marina