PDA

View Full Version : New part of the journey

Beagle
25-11-12, 14:20
Hi, I am a 35 year old guy, probably suffered from anxiety for 30 years, but only really recently realised! Just had a bad spell and now taking citalopram 20mgper day ( day 15). Previously I had bouts of depression, which I now have identified were caused/preceded by anxiety, but as it had been part of my life for so long I did not recognise this until I had counselling a couple of years go.

nomorepanic
25-11-12, 14:30
Hi Beagle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Thumbelina
25-11-12, 14:32
Hi,
Hope your medicarions will help you, cipralex helped me before - then i stopped for 1,5 years, but big stress brought it all back so i started this week it again. I believe it will help me.
My doctor before draw me a picture of two circles overlapping each other slightly and said- thats how you should see symptoms of these two, depression and anxiety have similar symptoms, and you can feel that you have depression at times but it just your anxiety symptoms wearing you down and making you feel depressed.
I like to think that way when i feel very very down.

Serenitie
25-11-12, 17:09
You are very welcome here, Beagle :welcome:

Sparkle1984
25-11-12, 19:37
Welcome to the forums, Beagle! :)

BobbyDog
25-11-12, 21:30
A big warm :welcome: to you.

Bigchanges
25-11-12, 21:58
Your story sounds familiar, except you unfortunately have had an extra 10 years than me:( sorry to hear.

But welcome matey, always free to chat :)

Beagle
26-11-12, 12:24
Thanks for all the welcome messages. The site has already been a great help.