PDA

View Full Version : why so many ups and downs, is it meds ?

mummysworried
25-11-12, 15:02
I have been on fluoxetine with a backup of 5mg diazepam for 3 weeks now and it is so up and down that i fear it isnt working and dont know whats happening. One day will be great and i feel completely normal, next day im so anxious and terrified that i just want it all to end. Today is a bad day and im just calming down a bit with 5mg of diazepam and 4 tagara tabs but the nervous edge is still there and i know the tablets will wear off in a few hours and i will be back to were i was. Im in absolute terror today and so scared, why is it all so on and off, just when i think im turning a corner i come right back to where i started, does anyone know what is going on? please please help, any advice greatfully reaceived :)

smit
25-11-12, 15:36
Thought processes?
Generally speaking, for myself if I wake up and think today may be a bad day because yesterday was good then it turns into a bad day.

mummysworried
25-11-12, 17:37
i will get up and feel pretty good but then start worrying what time it will turn bad and then that thought occurs more and more throughout the morning until it has turned into a bad day and i have let all the negative thoughts and bad thoughts in and then have to worry about them all again. I cant seem to break the cycle on those days :(

fishman65
25-11-12, 17:55
Hi mummysworried, I know how hard it is and that it feels like you will never get better.However,I think you need to give the fluoxetine a bit longer.Three weeks is still quite early days for an SSRI like fluoxetine,its normally about six weeks before they really start to kick in.It does vary from person to person and which SSRI a person is taking,but if you can,try to hang in there and I'm sure that you will be feeling better soon.Easy for me to say I know.

mummysworried
25-11-12, 19:25
thanks, its just been a really bad day today for me, i think its sundays that are worst with the thought of school runs and work and all the people and traffic i will have to interact with, it really scares me :( im seeing the doctor in the morning and hopefully she will reassure me and make sure my meds are correct and going to work for me, fingers crossed. thanks to all on here, this site is such a relief and a help to me :)

fishman65
25-11-12, 20:18
Oh for sure,Sundays are not good for me either.The start of a new week with all its anxiety-inducing situations.