PDA

View Full Version : Depressed

Klinical
19-08-06, 18:53
Hi, I'm Martin. I started getting panic attacks in 2003, and became agrophobic. I tried most things to help it, including going to an anxiety clinic, in Godden Green, Sevenoaks. While I was there, I got help with my anxiety, & eventually in 2005, I started going out again.

In late 2005, my dad passed away, which brought on my panic symptoms again, & I am now back where I started, agrophobic & depressed. I feel so down, & I miss my friends. I'm currently trying CBT, the guy is cool to chat to, but I'm having trouble in stopping my panic symptoms.

I have low self esteem, because I wonder if people think I'm strange, & I feel like I can't meet the right girl, as my panic attacks stop me from going to the cinema, restaraunts etc. I have lots of bad thoughts, but I find it hard to chat to any person about it, because I'm scared what they'll think of me.

Sorry for the ranting, I guess I needed to write that down. Hopefully you're all having a good weekend

Martin

manmoor
19-08-06, 19:02
Hi Martin,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here for each other.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

nicjay
19-08-06, 19:24
Hi Martin

Welcome to the forum, you will find alot of useful information and friendly people here.

Nicola
xxx

net
19-08-06, 20:16
hi martin

you'll get a lot of help on this forum

netty

Insomniac
19-08-06, 21:48
Hi Martin

Welcome. This is a good place to "rant", we all do that now and again. Here you can chat about things because you're with people who understand. You'll find lots of support here.

Lisa.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel or is that an oncoming train?

Klinical
19-08-06, 23:25
Hi, thanks for all your messages, it's nice to meet people with similiar problems. Thanks again for being so welcoming

polly daydream
19-08-06, 23:41
Hi Martin and welcome to the forum. You will never be judged on here and will make lots of good friends.

Best wishes,

Polly

tammye72
20-08-06, 02:10
Hi Martin. Welcome. I am new here too. This should be a good place to chat as so many people here suffer from panic attacks, agoraphobia and depression that you won't have to be scared what people think of you here.
I am curious, does your doctor have you on any medication or are you just doing CBT? I have tried both. Good luck to you in your struggle with this and I hope you're feeling better soon. Tammy

http://www.livedtotell.com

giddy
20-08-06, 08:29
Welcome to the forum Martin
love Helen

Klinical
20-08-06, 12:13
Hi Tammy, the medication I'm currently taking, is Prozac, however it doesn't seem to help much. I also used to take Olanzapine as well.

nomorepanic
20-08-06, 12:30
Hi Martin

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

kazzie
21-08-06, 15:16
Hi Martin and welcome!!! You will find lots of help and support on here it has been a massive help to me and lots of others!! Take care luv kaz

hayles
21-08-06, 15:32
Hi and a very big welcome to you

Hay x

lainey
21-08-06, 16:55
Hi MARTIN

Welcome to the forum, you'll make loads of friends here and get lots of support.

Take care
Elaine x