PDA

View Full Version : am i destroying my relationship?

Rachel_123
25-11-12, 18:11
hi everyone,

i'm hoping you can all provide me with some insight into my problem. here's some backround information, i'm 22 years old, my partner is 24. we've been together 2 years.

i feel like i'm destroying our relationship. i've got this idea into my head that my boyfriend should know if he wants to marry me and i did say it my to my boyfriend. he replied telling me he doesn't know if im the one for him but wants to be with me now. i'm so confused. should i even be thinking of marriage? i know im young but my friend just got engaged and i guess it got the idea into my head.

but even with marriage not in thought, should my boyfriend know whether or whether not he wants to be with me long-term? or am i thinking way too far into the future?

BobbyDog
25-11-12, 19:13
It is difficult when you are head over heels in love not to get too carried away.

You want commitment.

Your boyfriend obviously loves you and he is also being very honest. Perhaps there are things he wants to experience before settling down, getting married and maybe having children.

Don't make the same mistake I made, I was insecure and had been in a relationship for 2 years, my boyfriend saw me in his future, but wasn't ready to make a commitment. I lost the love of my life.

Enjoy every day you have together, some people spend their whole lives looking for love and never find it.

Rachel_123
25-11-12, 21:25
ya its a weird one i guess. i can see where he is coming from because he is so enthusiastic about his career and travelling etc...and actually so am i but i guess all i want from him is some commitment. i think maybe it might be too early to be talking about marriage, like realistically even if i were engaged right now, i wouldnt be able to afford one for years...im still working on my own career.

at the end of the day i do need a certain amount of commitment, and i think he is kind of crap at showing that he is commited maybe...men are so strange...!