PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lump in Crease of Arm

southernbelle
25-11-12, 19:11
I'm literally sitting in the waiting room of an after hours clinic because I can't deal with my anxiety waiting on getting an appointment with my GP.

I have a swollen lump in the crease of my arm...around the elbow....and I go to the worst place possible. If its a lymph node, I'm going to have a hard time staying calm. My grandmother passed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma...now I fear every lump or bump.

Anyone have swollen lymph nodes there & been OK? :weep:

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Still worried.... Can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

I'm still waiting in the waiting room.... I am trying not not worry...

ReissG
25-11-12, 19:13
Hi darling!
Please don't try to stress yourself out okay!

The amount of horror stories I read online about lumps and bumps in the neck and all of them said cancer, my doctor saw me and said they are absolutely fine!

I feel loads in my neck, I think under my armpit and some in my groin!

The ones in your near your elbow are not known as Lymphoma nodes, I would bet you're just feeling something that's always been there!

Be calm and get the reassurance :)

southernbelle
25-11-12, 19:53
Thank you for that! I'm finally in a room to see the doctor....now the nurse is kinda making fun at me & my worrying.... Not helpful on her part.

I didn't know that certain lymph nodes weren't red flag ones...

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

The doctor thinks that I pulled or tore some tissue there.... She doesn't think that it is a lymph node...thank goodness!

ReissG
25-11-12, 19:56
Yes see :)

Our brains are nasty horrible things!
Glad you got reassurance :)

lo89
25-11-12, 19:58
Glad you had good news. Even if it was a lymph node, they swell up all the time - I am a huge lymph node worrier (look through my posts!) and I am now learning to relax about them! I have had a large one in my groin, two under my jaw, one in my armpit, and a few in my neck, and they have all gone down by themselves. Lymphoma lymph nodes are huge, and ones from other cancers are rock hard.
My boyfriend has a lot of lymph nodes swelling up just now because he has the cold. I actually told him a few days before he was ill that he was coming down with something as his nodes were up!

southernbelle
26-11-12, 04:12
You're right, lymph nodes do pop up every now and again. However, my logic is a mere whisper when my loud anxiety booms in. I can't seem to calm myself down when that happens. Plus, what a weird spot for a lymph node to pop up, my forearm...I didn't even know that they were there until I googled it , but the lump, itself, began the downward spiral.

I still find myself checking it out & having to reassure myself when I do. So, the anxiety wave isn't over, yet, but I'm getting there....

twinflame94
21-01-13, 03:52
I have a swollen spot on my arm as well, but a bit lower than my elbow. It's on the inside of my arm and it aches. Is this normal with anxiety? It's been aching for a few days now.

Any responses would be really appreciated. x