PDA

View Full Version : Doctors and panic ahhhhh!

ReissG
25-11-12, 19:16
Just looked in my mirror and one of my tonsils is more round and bigger then the other, it's not swollen just bigger!
I've had quite a lot of infection on my left tonsil so maybe it's made it all mis-shaped?
I don't know :(
Isit normal for a tonsil to be slightly different in shape then the other?

Gman101
27-11-12, 18:35
hi yeah its normal, i had a virus that only affected the right side of my throat, and only affected one tonsil. now the right tonsil is larger then the left, and funny shaped. been like this for ages now. my doctor told me its completely normal too.

Kyeee
27-11-12, 19:28
Mine's the same. I used to have really bad tonsils when I was younger, and had Tonsillitis a lot. Recently I've had a sore throat with a cold twice, in the past month. I've never looked before but I decided to look at my tonsils and I instantly went into panic-mode, even though they'd probably looked like that my whole life! My right is definitely bigger than my left, no pain or anything, just bigger.

My most recent worry is I saw a little bump on one of them, which I think was a tonsil stone as there was a white mass near it, but now it's turned black, or just made a hole, so that's my worry at the moment, even though it's probably completely normal! :doh:

ReissG
27-11-12, 21:35
Thank you for the reply lovely people :)

@Kyee, I have 4 or 5 holes in my tonsils, always getting white chunks in them, it's absolutely disgusting but absolutely normal :)