PDA

View Full Version : How to change my bad thoughts

lisak789
25-11-12, 21:59
I always feel like me or my kids or hubby are sick and going to die. No one is really sick the kids have a good bill of health but I just can't kick This feeling that something's going to happen. Lately I have even thought of ending it all for me cause no matter how much help I have gotten I am no better. Even days where I feel happy I will think to myself why should you be happy your kids could be sick with something or I could be sick and dying. So why be happy?? I don't know what else to do or try I am honastly at my wits end. Please any advise will be great

Frankie123
25-11-12, 22:14
I think for all of us who suffer health anxiety this is exactly how we all feel. I actually felt like that today coming home from my son's house on the train. It is totally irrational but that is the nature of health anxiety. I just keep talking aloud to myself and telling myself that me and my kids are okay and I have got to stop worrying.

Thumbelina
25-11-12, 22:33
I think for all of us who suffer health anxiety this is exactly how we all feel. I actually felt like that today coming home from my son's house on the train. It is totally irrational but that is the nature of health anxiety. I just keep talking aloud to myself and telling myself that me and my kids are okay and I have got to stop worrying.

Frankie, i am not really very good at it myself but as far as i know thought discipline is supposed to help. We are supposed to get rid of it as a habbit.
Hard to do though.

JackInTheBox
26-11-12, 05:04
Yup, it's a thought fight. But it's all in our head!

I manage to obcess and stress about the weirdest things at times, at first i'd just go with it but now I question myself, I try to validate logicaly the reason for a given concern and if it's silly...I do my best to shrug it off.

One of the things that work well is talking to people about anything or even listening to people. Try it, whenever you start stressing about your family, grab the phone and call a friend or someone you are close to, just to chat, either that or even meeting that person for a stroll or a cup of tea ;)

ashleybrownhd
26-11-12, 12:39
I would say it is better if you keep yourself busy and happy. As these type of thoughts occurs only when you are feeling lonely or unhappy. Always try to have someone to talk which keep you busy and prevent negative thoughts.