PDA

View Full Version : Hi, im new.....please help.

clover1201
26-11-12, 08:45
So, I think i have anxiety. I have been to the Drs alot recently! My heart started skipping beats/adding extra and it threw me for the first time ever into a panic attack. I have only ever had 1 attack (2 months ago) but since then my life has become a living hell! I ended up in A+E because every time i had these beats my body would throw me into panic and and i would think I was having a heart attack. They did an ECG and it came back as abnormal (st and t wave abnormity - consider lateral ischemia) The drs let me out the same day saying that my heart rate, although high (160bpm) was regular and normal but i should get my heart checked to find out why my ecg is abnormal. I have since had a heart monitor on and although when I get paniced my heart rate goes up alot, it is still regular - the dr says i have nothing to worry about. I however dont feel the same. I honestly thought and still think a little bit that i have heart desease (ischemia)! On top of this I have now developed the most hideous indegestion ever and it kills me, the pain is so intense i feel like im having a heart attack or angina attack (would be what someone with heart desease would feel) see where im coming from? On top of this I have had a peroid that has lasted 9 weeks! I have an implant and do bleed irregulary with it but normally I have to take 3, maybe 4 days of the pill and it stops the bleeding - not this time though, 2 weeksinto a pill packet and its still there! I have had alot of history with abnormal smears and at the age of 22 was a stage away from cervical cancer (CIN 3) I had treatment and have had annual smears since and they have always been normal (including my last one) but I am now convinced I have cevical cancer because the bleeding has been so ongoing. My Dr is going to think im a freak when i get to him again.
In all of this, I jsut feel like im going mad! I tried to take my daughter to the cinema the other night and it was hell, I sat there panicing the whole time, but about what 0 I dont know! Im a mess and I hate it!. I just keep thinking what are my poor children going to do if I go mad or turn into a recluse. I will beat this, i just need help and to know where to sart. Apparenty there is a trigger but with me there really isnt! I dont know what started this and why it is happening. Life was really good until this started (although I did have a very hard 6 years prior.
I know this is a very long winded post but advice on how to deal with this or where to go would be good. I dont want any meds but do needs something to help as I am in a constant state of anxiety (but dont know what about, other than health).

Ddcoo
26-11-12, 09:21
I really do feel for you, I have had the same symptoms as you over the years and they are very frightening indeed, but I am sure there is nothing to worry about. The reason you are panicking over the heartbeats is the added adrenoline you are making, if you could try to accept the uneven heartbeats it would help greatly. I have had all the heart tests and all they could find was that I had "more than my fair share of ectopics", so now I just take them as normal. Indigestion - well I must be the windiest old bird on the planet and I ended up in hospital years ago as I could not breathe in with the pain. They x-rayed me and told me they could see the wind and that it would go, and it did the next day.

I also had smear tests that were positive and they kept a check on me and I have been fine since. It is all so new to you and very frightening and all I can say to you is talk about it to others on here and try and accept it all as just anxiety and I hope you will start to feel much better.

lo89
26-11-12, 09:52
Can I just ask why you take the pill when you have the implant?
My friend had a three week period of heavy bleeding on the implant and she was told it was normal.

Jen Sat
26-11-12, 10:18
Anxiety is so cruel and because we are so sensitive to every feeling we convince ourselves that something is seriously wrong. I too have gone the a & e numerous times thinkging I was having a heart attack, a headache = brain tumor, cramp = dvt. I have been going through this for over 10years and I am still here!! I did not realise that anxiety and depression could cause so many physical symptoms and we become fearful of the physical symptoms of panic, did you notice how your thinking was in the cinema. I guess it was a lot of what if thinking and adding more tension. How was your self talk when you left and were home, a lot kinder and reassuring?

How are you iron levels?

Stands mum
26-11-12, 10:26
Hi - I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I can completely understand how you feel, it's so horrible, and even more so when you have small kids to worry about. :hugs:

clover1201
26-11-12, 19:25
Can I just ask why you take the pill when you have the implant?
My friend had a three week period of heavy bleeding on the implant and she was told it was normal.

I take it to spot the bleeding. I am known to bleed irregularly and for long peroids of time whilst on artificial hormones so was given the pill to control/stop it.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

I have been to the Drs today and he has asked me to continue with the pill and get back to him in 2 - 3 weeks and then we will look into things a bit more if its not stopped by then.
He has given me some meds for the indegestion so hopefully that will help. He thinks I need some meds to help me relax and i have also been referred for CBT. I hope that this goes quick and life with this is pretty rubbish :(