PDA

View Full Version : pregbalin panic

almamatters
26-11-12, 15:12
I have collected my pregbalin today, but am worried about taking them, due to my allergic reaction fear. Spoke to the pharmacist who tried to reassure me, but as soon as I got home the doubts started. I am supposed to take 150mg to start with but like i say panicking now

BobbyDog
26-11-12, 18:00
Is it a split dose? 150mg is quite a lot to start with all at once, try splitting it in to two.
The side effects are minimal in my experience.

almamatters
26-11-12, 21:19
Thanks it is a split dose. Will start tomorrow though as just worrying about it too much tonight.

hanshan
27-11-12, 13:05
Probably best to take 75 mg just before bedtime, if you are worried about side effects. You can also stay on 75 mg a day for a while until you feel confident with 150 mg.

Pregabalin does have temporary side effects for many people, but they are usually mild. Many people also feel the benefit very quickly, within a few days or sooner (but some people feel no effect - you just have to give it a try).

Good luck, and don't be afraid.

almamatters
27-11-12, 19:23
Thanks for replies I started today with 75mg and touch wood feel ok so far. Few pins and needles in legs , but am prone to these anyway. :flowers: