PDA

View Full Version : Tooth infection

willous1
26-11-12, 17:27
Hi, I have been feeling a lot better lately but today my anxiety has come back with a vengeance. Last week I got tooth ache and was on antibiotics for an infection. Yesterday on whether side of my mouth my jaw startedkkilling and gum. I went today and was told I have another different type of infection and need a different type of antibiotic. That's all fine but then ahead said we need to keep an eye on this and make sure it's not caused by an underlying condition? I then googled and saw it could be heart problems etc why has this happened. Is there a site which shows specifically what it could be? There all useless. I now think I'm dying. Please help.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Can anyone help

Elle-Kay
26-11-12, 17:32
There is no website to diagnose you, no, because you are an individual. Your best diagnosis will come from your Dentist or Dr, who are properly trained, and can assess your clinical signs and symptoms first-hand.

I'm not a Dentist, but when I had antibiotics from the dentist a number of years ago the problem turned out to have been caused by a wisdom tooth with a particularly long root which had broken through into the nerve channel in my gum.

willous1
26-11-12, 17:56
Thanks but the dentist was rushed. I've suddenly got a few painful teeth just want to know what it could be.

overhead_drums
29-12-12, 21:39
Hey,

I have also recently had teeth worries and a really bad tooth infection, wisdom tooth stylee....

I booked the dentist but managed to fix it myself with a mixture of corsodyl, floss, electric tooth brush, salt water rinses and those little tooth brushes. Turns out I had a load of blood/nastyness trapped in my gum next to my wisdom tooth, most probably old food.

And if there is a lesson to be learnt from your story its probably dont Google.. We have all done it and its difficult but it did not go to medical school..

Good luck!

Wow, and i just realised I'm about a month behind here....

Tessar
30-12-12, 14:10
When your teeth are playing up it's just horrible so I'm hoping everyone's feeling a bit better now?

willous, you poor thing..... are your teeth/ulcers better now? The pain makes you feel so low. For you it was just terribly bad luck to get another infection at the same time. Typical also they gave you two differnt antibiotics. Sometimes they give you two types as that can help hit the infection with a double whammy. There is a name for it but i cant remember what that is. Doh. Naughty you looking on google....

overhead_drums .... you speak the truth here "if there is a lesson to be learnt from your story its probably dont Google.. We have all done it and its difficult but it did not go to medical school.." Also I'm glad you were able to fix your wisdom tooth problem - well done.