PDA

View Full Version : christmas shopping

hellybelly1982
26-11-12, 17:35
Does anyone else get anxious about all the christmas shopping they have to do? I did most of my shopping this afternoon and I always think I enjoy christmas shopping but the crowds and busy shops just stress me out. Came home with a splitting headache.

Annie0904
26-11-12, 17:37
I have done all mine online so much easier :) x

Elle-Kay
26-11-12, 17:41
I do most of mine online too, and would do even if I wasn't anxious as I hate how busy the city centre gets - it just annoys me!

ricardo
26-11-12, 17:47
A little different for us over here. Xmas is very low key as The Spanish celebrate on January 6th, Three Kings Day .

hellybelly1982
26-11-12, 17:48
I like choosing gifts and picking them myself so I tend to not buy online if i can help it, apart from dvds which are alot cheaper. And i do like shopping and hearing all the christmassy songs playing.

Starmist
27-11-12, 10:55
Even before I became agoraphobic I actually detested shopping, but mostly Christmas shopping!

Everyone going mad, rushing around, rudeness and being all wrapped up cos it's cold outside and sweating because the heat is on full blast in the shop! Are just a few of my pet hates!

I did a huge majority of it online last year and this year as I am housebound I think I will definitely be doing it all online! I started looking around October and have got some real bargains so it works both ways for me!

hellybelly1982
27-11-12, 16:08
oh god the whole sweating thing in shops because the heating is on full blast I hate.

Starmist
27-11-12, 16:57
Ha! Glad I'm not the only one who hates it! It's like the Asda advert on tv at the moment when she goes in with hat, coat and scarf on and ends up taking it all off in the shop! That's alright cos she has a trolley! No such luck of a trolley in a shopping centre!

Emma86
27-11-12, 18:20
Oh I always shop online :) I also cant stand hot shops, I always feel really faint and need to sit down.
Before I had all this anxiety I hated it, so many rude people always in a rush, pushing around and the queues! Not for me :)

serendipity_x
27-11-12, 19:53
I get so agitated my nerves are going and i feel like i have to be moving all the time, the claustrophobia gets worst when its slow.

k77be
27-11-12, 20:17
Absolutely hate it. The crowds pushing and shoving, haven't the patience for it. Makes me tense, grumpy and generally stressed and anxious. Online shopping for me, nice and easy, got most mine done in one afternoon. Anything else I need I should be able to pick up in the supermarket.

hellybelly1982
27-11-12, 21:19
and why is it people with pushchairs insist on NOT getting out of the way and blocking up aisles and just stopping there so no one can get past. Grrrrrr.

joseph83
28-11-12, 07:50
I can't shop online unless I know exactly what to get people. It's the money side that gets.me going, luckily my family know that we haven't a lot of money so won't expect the world!

nicbub
28-11-12, 20:49
I had a bad experience when I was particularly bad with depression one year. I thought I'd go out to do some xmas shopping to get out and make myself feel better but ended up having a panic attack in a store because it was so busy. I ended up walking home in tears having bought nothing. I'm always reminded of that time when I go xmas shopping. Unfortunately I'm feeling pretty low again this year so don't know how I'll get through it. Done most shopping online so far x

NeilP
28-11-12, 21:45
I've been able to enjoy Christmas shopping over the past few years. I don't buy a lot, and most of what I do buy I buy online, but to me the main attraction is Birmingham's Frankfurt/Christmas market. It's amazing just to look at. It gets very busy, but I do my best to keep a clear head and to keep focused on why I am there an that makes me enjoy the experience so much more. It can be intimidating, but as with most things - just try to enjoy and got lost in the experience itself - I guess that kind of sums up my approach.

jayjoe18
01-12-12, 18:05
I can't go Christmas shopping, I'd give anything just to be able to go out. Christmas is the worst time of the year for me, the social side of it and the busy shopping centres are just to much to handle. Thank god for online shopping!