PDA

View Full Version : pain in upper middle chest

ruby1
26-11-12, 22:58
Ive been having constant pain in my upper chest in the middle not sure if the heart or lungs or something else. feels tight and hurts when breathing, iv told people they said not too worry as im in my 20s not overweight and dont smoke they said be unlikely to be my heart/angina. I dont know what to do feels like it getting worse everyday.
has anyone else had this?

mollymalloy
28-11-12, 18:24
I have lots of chest pains and I think it is because of tight muscle in the chest area, I did have ECG done a few years ago and it was all good. I do have very tight muscle in my neck, shoulders and upper back probably contributing to my chest pain. Our posture can also have an affect on our chest muscles. I tend to slouch and therefore over work the back, neck and shoulder muscles. I have found some great videos on youtube on how to stretch out the chest muscles and do find that it really helps me.

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 19:14
All chest pain should be checked out by a doctor to be honest.

It could be indigestion or anxiety but we cannot diagnose that for you

xtremx
28-11-12, 20:22
All chest pain should be checked out by a doctor to be honest.

It could be indigestion or anxiety but we cannot diagnose that for you

Hi ruby1,
I agree with this all chest pain should be checked by your doctor it could turn out to be something really simple and in what you small amount of detail you have given it should be unlikely that it is heart related.

I have been and done all the worrying about should I or not do it but in the end it is a real issuse that needs a doctors input

BUT still make an appointment to see the doctor it only takes a minute to book the appointment and then you have the boring wait in that waiting room with them old copies of chat magazine giving you last years fashion tips.
But at the end you will find the correct answer.

Goodluck

panickyme
28-11-12, 21:50
I get the chest pains really bad at times, and they are scarey. I have had ekg's, xrays, bloodwork, and it all came back fine. However I still have a hard time believing I can get these pains just from anxiety. It's hard when you are convinced something is wrong. I would seriously go get checked out by the Doctor, it is so worth it for them to tell you, that you are alright. You will feel so much better knowing that you are fine. It is the only thing that helps me when I get those pains. ( I say you have been checked, and you are fine, then I calm down.) You are not alone, I am right there with you. Hope you feel better soon.:hugs: