PDA

View Full Version : having a really bad night...

dread
27-11-12, 02:08
So earlier this evening I had my first big PA in almost ayear...its really shook me up and the anxiety has lingered and is stopping me from sleeping. I am really struggling to relax...I've been tryin to listen to the radio, classical and. 80s....I've tried reading Clair weekes, breathing vxercise, and even got a kitten on me... I feel so uncomfortable and I have to be up at 7 for work. It's unlikely I will go now tho

Im trying my best to just accept the ffeelings as exactly that, and seem to he waiting for tiredness to just...take over...any ideas on what i can do?

Thumbelina
27-11-12, 02:18
If you try and give it a time for all the adrenalin to leave your system after your big attack and just accept the way you feel at the moment, and remember that it will pass very soon. This is like a virus you caught, you cant get rid of cold instantly -right? So how can you get rid of anxiety following big attack instantly - also very hard. So let your body to heal itself and just flow with the feelings.
I am having the same thing, I didn't sleep for days after my attack last week and it only fuels anxiety. Well if you can't sleep what can you do, try and put really good comedy on, or your favourite movie, this way you can distract your mind and maybe fall asleep.
Take care

dread
27-11-12, 07:00
Thanks for your reply...seems I did eventually fall asleep!

I feel very tired and a bit shaky this morning but I'm not gonna let it stop me going to work as that's counter-productive...the fight goes on lol :)

Thumbelina
27-11-12, 07:17
Thanks for your reply...seems I did eventually fall asleep!

I feel very tired and a bit shaky this morning but I'm not gonna let it stop me going to work as that's counter-productive...the fight goes on lol :)

Remember - mornings are the most difficult times. Yeserday i was shaky until 11am. But i know that it does go away after days. The shaky state gets shorter and shorter and then soon you will enjoy your beautiful mornings.
The first days after the attack my mornings were lasting the whole day and were getting worse at some point of the day. Your sleep means allot in avoiding anxiety, but its all connected. But it will all get better, time is the best healer.

dread
27-11-12, 08:20
Thanks...a little reassurance goes a long way!

I am in my way to work rightnow and waiting for aa bus. I feel awful but if i avoid wrk iI know it will only be worse in the long run. I think I a fearing ththe fear...a lot ofof worry ababout sitting on the bus or it affecting work. I've bookednyaed a doctors appointment for 4.30, and im sure if I stayed home I would just brood and get worse.

The hardest part of this for me, is knowing full well how and why anxiety does tthis...and iin principal I know how too beat it!

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

Lol...sorry for the grammar, my phone has a differet idea about what I'm saying!