PDA

View Full Version : Not doing well again

Hypo
27-11-12, 09:16
I had a great few months, now I am back in anxiety hell.

I have a black mole on my lower back.. it is small, one colour and my husband said it was there when he met me 7 years ago. It hasn't changed or grown but now I am convinced I have skin cancer.

I have a GP appointment on Monday but I am questioning if I should spend all my money on going to the mole clinic today? That seems drastic and I know I will find something else to worry about after but I don't know how I am going to manage until Monday.

I just cried myself to sleep last night. I don't have the energy to go through this again. I had a few months peace after a hellish 8 months of HA and going back there scares me so so much. I am tired and very bored of standing in front of mirrors.

I don't want to die and leave my children and husband :(

Thumbelina
27-11-12, 09:24
You will not die Hypo, its only a mole, people survive the most severe conditions and live and enjoy their lives after. I suggest you wait for GP visit.
Your anxiety is just tricking your mind and telling you what to do. Trust in good outcome.
Its will be ok!!!

Jojo1603
27-11-12, 09:34
With my limited experience of moles is that they r irregular in shaPe, itchy and bleed - if it hasnt changed in size dont think its a problem- Sounds like it may be yr anxiety playing games - makes you focus on the smallest thing and blow it out of proportion - I'm exactly the same as you I have ha and can't stand the thought of not being around for my family - don't forget that in a strange way the job anxiety is suppose to do is protect you - good luck

SamanthaAU
27-11-12, 12:52
Hey there - I had a dark mole on my back and was worrying about it for day's as I couldnt get into the skin cancer clinic straight away. Turns out it was some kind of harmless wart thing and nothing to worry about.

Hypo
28-11-12, 20:38
I got in today because I got a cancellation.

Apparently it's fine.. I have to keep an eye on it but it's not suspicious.

Of course I got home and panicked over another one.

I am now weaning off my prozac and will be trying new meds in 2 weeks time!