PDA

View Full Version : NMP daily success diary

Elle-Kay
27-11-12, 17:11
It's been a while since we all got together to celebrate our successes, so I thought I would start a thread for just that purpose :)

So, post your successes here! It doesn't matter how big or small they are - every single step forward is a step further towards your goals, and everyone here understands how hard won those small battles can be.

Did you get out for a walk today?
Make a telephone call?
Make eye contact with a stranger?
Go to the supermarket?

Whatever it is, we want to celebrate it with you, so get posting! :D

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

I'll start:
Over the last week or so I've been feeling that I've been slowly sliding backwards in my ability to get further afield (thanks to a tummy bug in the main). I needed some extra gift tags for Christmas though, and as I couldn't find any I liked in my local supermarket I decided to go to The Range in town to look for some. I was just going to go there and back as quickly as I could, but at the junction to the car park I decided to push myself harder, so I went and parked up in one of the busy city car parks instead. I went to Lakeland and got some Christmas presents, Debenhams to browse their sale event, and to a local jeweller to ask if they would be able to alter a charm bracelet for me (then on the way back home I called at The Range as planned too!) I was really scared, especially waiting in the queue at Lakeland, but in the end I was out for about 2 hours including driving - not bad for what I had planned as a 20 minute trip :)

Annie0904
27-11-12, 19:09
Well done Leah, you have achieved a lot today:D I have made some bath bombs...and...they actually look like bath bombs so I am quite proud of myself :yesyes:

Elle-Kay
27-11-12, 23:20
And you didn't melt anything? :) :winks:

I also made it to dancing tonight for the first time this month :D

BobbyDog
28-11-12, 02:22
Sorry Elle-Kay,
It looks as thought a lot of us are having a bad time at the moment, hence the lack of support for this thread.

I hope to be posting something positive within the next week.

Sarah.

Annie0904
28-11-12, 10:17
And you didn't melt anything? :) :winks:

I also made it to dancing tonight for the first time this month :D

Luckily you don't need to heat anything for bath bombs...I am going to have another go of the soap though...bought some better moulds :) See what damage I can do this time.

Annie0904
28-11-12, 22:58
I am hoping to have a success story to tell tomorrow night..going out for lunch with a friend tomorrow and I am actually quite looking forward to it. Apart from the first hour after I woke up this morning, I have had an anxiety free day :)

Elle-Kay
28-11-12, 23:02
That's excellent news :D I had a bit of a shaky start to the morning - felt a bit tearful on going out - but this afternoon & evening I have felt pretty good. I picked up my knitting & made another mug cosy, watched some TV, ate some chocolate, and this evening I had my first glass of wine since at least August. Before now I have been too afraid that it would trigger a panic attack (this happened around the time I signed off alcohol), but tonight I felt ready to try it. Is having a cheeky glass of wine a success?! lol

Annie0904
28-11-12, 23:04
Sounds like a good success to me :) I managed to clean the bathroom, bedrooms and kitchen and visit my neighbour :)

electrical_stormgirl
29-11-12, 10:49
That's great news Leah :D. I'm happy as I took my Dad away to Cornwall for a long weekend and it all went OK. I was dreading the drive there and back (about 5-6 hours each way) as I've developed quite bad driving anxiety over the last year but it was fine. I actually quite enjoyed it (probably being away from London traffic madness!). Also, we stayed in a coaching inn and my Dad would often wander outside for a ciggie and get sidetracked talking to people so I was often on my own making small talk but I coped with that too (when it all got too much I retreated up to my room). All in all I think it went well, and conquering my driving anxiety has been brilliant- now my world feels a bit bigger as I'm not so scared to venture places.
Cyber high five to everyone else doing well and big hugs to those having a tougher time at the mo. We can conquer this! :hugs:

Annie0904
29-11-12, 16:30
well done electrical_stormgirl, that's great news :yesyes:
I made it out for lunch today, was a little anxious but managed to eat all my dinner :)

Annie0904
30-11-12, 20:39
Struggling to think of a success today!..I made a cottage pie enough for myself and hubby and my neighbour who is ill and her husband.

hellybelly1982
30-11-12, 20:53
well done everyone. I guess my success this week are just getting out, doing stuff, going to work and just getting on with my life and not letting my anxiety rule me.

Annie0904
30-11-12, 21:07
well done everyone. I guess my success this week are just getting out, doing stuff, going to work and just getting on with my life and not letting my anxiety rule me.

That is great news, well done :)

Elle-Kay
30-11-12, 23:09
I walked (rather than took the car which would have given me an easier 'escape' route) to the post office about a mile away, then detoured on the way home as I felt good and stopped in at a local gift shop to look for some stocking fillers. I had a nice chat with the shop owner (who I don't know) for about 10 minutes while I browsed and thawed out, then I came home :)

Just getting on with a daily routine without letting anxiety rule you is an achievement in itself Helly, so well done :)

Annie it was really kind of you to cook for your poorly neighbour too. How did your foot hold up with standing to cook?

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Oh, and when I got home I did some work on a handbag I'm making, and knitted a Christmas bauble :)

hellybelly1982
01-12-12, 09:56
yes Annie that was a lovely thing for you to do to cook for your neighbour :)

Ellie - well done and I bet the walk in the crisp winter air did you go rather than driving as well.

Have a worry free saturday everyone xx

hellybelly1982
01-12-12, 20:06
current success - i have worked the last five saturday evenings at work overtime, giving me more money for christmas :) I'am so proud of myself that I got through it.

Annie0904
01-12-12, 20:10
Elle-Kay..my foot ached while I made the cottage pie! Well done on your achievements and well done to you also Hellybelly.
I have been for a little walk today but I am feeling really anxious tonight. I thought today would have been better after a good nights sleep but it is worse :(

Magic
01-12-12, 20:59
What a grand group of friends you all are:hugs:
I went to the new sainsburys on wednesday and actually bought a few Christmas presents. They are still in the bags. Anyway, I got chatting to a lady for a while
and we had a laugh--low and behold we saw each other in the super market this morning and had a longer chat. That was nice.I am ok shopping now,except
the christmas songs make me feel sad.
I only did microwave cooking today.
My g/daughter is stopping the night, she is 4, I have just got wet through
giving her a shower,but we had a laugh.
Tomorrow my youngest daughter and her hubby are coming over to take her
back home, and suggested we go out for some dinner,or some would say lunch.
I hope I will be ok, as i am feeling a little nervous about it. It is such a long
time since we have eaten together in another place rather than home.
I am going in chat to do the quiz as everything as gone quiet now.
Take care all xx

Annie0904
01-12-12, 21:05
Magic it sounds like you have had a fun day. I know what you mean about going out to eat, that is something I get anxious about but I managed to do it on Thursday. I just tried to imagine myself there enjoying it before I went and it seemed to work, x

Elle-Kay
01-12-12, 23:07
I hope you have a nice day tomorrow Magic. Going out to eat is one of my biggest challenges too, but I've done it twice recently and was pleasantly surprised that I managed all the way through the meal with no panic alarms :)

Well done Helly on your overtime hours - how nice to have that extra bit of money for Christmas, as a reward for your achievement!

Sorry you're feeling anxious today Annie, but try not to get too downhearted about it - tomorrow is another day after all :) x

I'm quite pleased with myself today. My calorie intake has nosedived because I had a rushed breakfast & missed lunch as I was out helping my Mum at work (she works in a school - we were preparing for the Christmas productions this week by putting the Christmas trees up & getting all the chairs out), but after a short wobble this morning I've hardly felt anxious all day. And, I ate every last bite of my dinner this evening which is something I haven't done in a while, so I'm trying not to feel too stressed about not meeting my calorie target today (I'm only about 120 short, so will try to make it up a bit tomorrow - maybe a bacon butty will help :winks:)

hellybelly1982
02-12-12, 10:46
ELLE KAY - I'am glad to hear you are feeling less anxious and it sounds like you are getting stuff done and living your life. Well done for going out to eat the past couple of times and for helping your mum get the christmas bits ready for the school.

ANNIE - I hope you are feeling less anxious today. Well done on going out for your walk, i'am a strong believer in the benefits on exercise to help alievate anxiety and depression.

MAGIC - sounds like you are winning the fight, enjoy your meal out. Some christmas songs make me feel sad too.

Annie0904
02-12-12, 10:54
Elle-Kay well done on eating all your dinner (my hubby says that to me when I have a clean plate...I feel like a toddler :roflmao:)
Slightly better start for the day but my BIG challenge is 3pm...my stepsons birthday and all the family are meeting at his house :unsure: