PDA

View Full Version : Please help guys?

bingbonggb
27-11-12, 17:13
Hi All, i'm hoping that i can find some like minded people that can possible help me out of this massive hole that i am in at the moment.
This is my first post and just wanted to see if the symptoms that i am currently suffering are related to Anxiety/Stress.
Way back in April i suffered whilst out at the cinema what i could only describe as a heart attack, pains in my left arm, tightness in my chest and headache, i went straight to A&E where they did all the relevant tests and stayed in overnight - everything was clear and i was all ok, i was then subect to various tests including echo, treadmill, 24hr urine, 24hr monitor and various ekg's again all clear, also seen a gastro doc and had an endosocpy and again all is good! but since April i felt like utter crap and my life has changed completley, no social life, depression and I have one of these attacks about once a month where i have chest pains and heart palputations and weird feelings, i'm then out of it for anything upto a week!. inbetween attacks i have the below symptoms.

Chest tightness
Terrible fatiuge - no energy
Left arm pain
Whole left side feels week - bad rib pain
Nausea
Stomach cramps
Leg cramps
Permanent rightsided fuzzy headache
yellow big toenails and thumb nails
Sensations that warm water is being poured over me
throat crackling
throat tightness / something always stuck feeling
pins and needles
leg pain in lower calfs

No one can tell me whats a matter with me and doctor recently told me that i might have to put up with it for two years until my brain turns off from the symptoms!, I have been given Pregablin which I have been taking for a week but nothing seems to be happening (150mg per day).

Does this sound like stress?, my job is a nightmare at the moment but i cant help but feeling i should be able to deal with it!, I'm sorry that this post is so long but I really am at the lowest point in my life right now, my wife is expecting our first baby and i should be hyper excited but instead i am just permantley feel tired, exhusted ans depressed. :(

Jojo1603
27-11-12, 17:28
Hi there - sorry you are having a bad time at the moment - most of your list of symptoms definitely sound anxiety related - anxiety can do some real strange things!! you mentiOned that yr to be a dad soon - this is in the top 3 most stressful events we experience - my husband always says it was the worse time of his life as he had no control over the situation - try and realise its just a stressful reaction to life events - good luck with it all !!

bingbonggb
27-11-12, 17:33
Thanks Jojo, i was hoping i could enjoy the experience and be there for my wife but feel like i am currently letting her down as I cant do all the things i used to do, just hoping my current tablets might help. Oliver

missybct
27-11-12, 17:45
Oliver, I am so sorry you are suffering so much. On a positive note, it seems your doctors were very thorough with your checks, so please try not to worry that it is something life threatening.

These symptoms do sound very attached to Anxiety, sadly. Many things manifest in different ways, and sometimes it's easier to address them on their own.

I know it sounds stupid, but have you tried employing some kind of breathing techniques to your daily routine? Even if it's just half an hour to concentrate on how you are breathing. These sorts of things affect stuff like chest tightness, pins and needles and cramps.

There are a few very helpful books on places like Amazon that can help with techniques. It may not be the answer, but it is worth a try.

Be kind to yourself as well. If you are stressed at work, as well as being stressed about your upcoming arrival (congratulations by the way!) it will heighten the problems. Doing things that calm you down, whether it's watching a comedy on tv or listening to gentle music may help. Give yourself time to relax.

bingbonggb
27-11-12, 17:53
Thankyou Missy, it's comforting to get some kind reply's, i think i will take your advise especially when at work - i just want to return to my normal self before the little one arrives.

missybct
28-11-12, 11:44
It might also be helpful to confide in someone you are friendly with at work. You could just explain that you are finding life a little difficult at the moment without going into specifics. That way if you feel very anxious at work, you can turn to that person and they may be able to help. Obviously sometimes these options are not available, but if there is someone you are particularly close to that you feel may understand, it might be helpful.

You're certainly not alone in this.

Melisssa
01-12-12, 00:54
I get most of those symtoms,
Lately the feeling of warmth in different spots.. My anxiety is through the roof thanks to health worries. Just need a break.

Thumbelina
01-12-12, 01:41
Hi Oliver, your symptoms are almost classic for anxiety and panic.
Becoming a dad is i would say the most anxious ground for your feelings.
And if uou also have stress at work it explains it. You might think that its all normal and you should be able to deal with it but your true subconsience doesnt thnik that way. Many of people here also have a problem of being perfectionists which is actually one of the reasons for anx, panic and depression. We want everthing to be perfect and the way we want it and when it is not happening our minds turn this frustration into fear of danger. We start having sensations as if we are loosing control of our body but actually we are just a bit stressed and not everything is in our control in oir lives.
The symptoms are very hard to get rid off fast - especially because we want them to dissapear right now!!!
Tryand accept the fact that this is the way your body reacts to the stess in your life now and your symptoms should go away faster.
I wish you to totally forget about your anxiety with the birth of your baby.
Take care

bingbonggb
05-12-12, 15:41
Thanks for the replys all, I'm still suffering to be honest, cannot shift this headache that i have on my rightside! - I started some alternative therapies yesterday including the bowen technique and am starting acupuncture tomorrow so hopefully i will see an improvement as I can't keep going on the way i am feeling.

dann
06-12-12, 09:28
Go for a nice long walk, wrap up though. It helps me somewhat when I'm feeling grim from anxiety. Exercise is good, just got to do it.

bingbonggb
12-12-12, 12:29
Thanks Dann, I have started walking on a daily basis and this has helped my headache symptoms somewhat, still not clear of the headache but defiantly better, my chest and leg pains still persisit so I am hoping that the more i exercise the better i will feel!.