PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine from Fluoxetine

Katie22
27-11-12, 19:46
Can anyone tell me if they have suffered any major side effects going from Fluoxetine to Mirtazapine..I have been off the Flux for over a week now, (was only on them for 8 weeks and the did'nt suit me.) A little scared of what will happen.... am i being stupid...:unsure:

missybct
28-11-12, 12:32
Hi Katie.

I went from Fluoxetine to Mirtazapine in the summer. I had been on the Fluox for five years, so was pretty used to it.

I found the transition quite hard, I will admit. I was in a very bad place and I think because I had been on the Fluox for such a long time, it affected me. Because you've been off it for a week (and I assume you mean you've not taken any, so the drug is out of your system) I think you will be fine. I suffered from side effects that meant I had to come of mirtazapine, but everyone is different and I know people who take it who say it's fantastic, so it's a matter of the individual.

I found the fuzzy headedness the worse symptom and I had a strong feeling of depersonalistion. However, like I mentioned, I was in a very bad place and this was probably a combination of the two. Mirtazapine can also make you feel more sleepy.

Please try not to be worried. You may feel a bit weird for the first week or so, but give it some time and if it's still not working, go back to your GP.