PDA

View Full Version : fluoxetine dose doubled, having a bad time

mummysworried
27-11-12, 21:42
The doctor doubled my dose of fluoxetine yesterday, i was already having horrid side effects with paranoia and anxiety on 20mg but have just had a horrendous paranoia/anxiety attack and im terrified. Is this the dose being doubled as its the worst i have felt in two weeks and how long will i have to cope with these feelings. I have been refered to mental health but hyave to wait for an appointment, i cant take much more of this feeling of terror and doom :(

Janine
27-11-12, 21:49
It is the the dose being doubled, although i am on 20mg and fortunately have not had to increase but I did suffer really badly the first few weeks, so many horrible side effects but my anxiety was through the roof and I hit rock bottom, everyone is different so don't know how long but just take it bit by bit, it is a real roller coaster ride but once they do kick in it is worth it, you do think like they are never going to work and everyday is so long, then you have a better day and then another awful one but you will get there. you are not alone.xxx

overhead_drums
29-11-12, 12:21
When i had my dose doubled about a month ago i went completely backwards and it make me feel horrible, much more worrying and anxious. BUT, I stuck it out and about a week later i started to feel a lot better!

During this time i rang my doctor and he said it was a normal reaction of the body getting used to the increased dose. Stick with it and you will start to feel better.

tanyat
29-11-12, 12:34
I was given Lorazapam to take at night to subside the side effects. I'm pretty sleepy all the time. But can function. I do still have anxiety, but not nearly as extreme.