PDA

View Full Version : Burps that taste like vomit. Eek!

Rls1994
28-11-12, 00:46
Does anyone know what causes this? I feel perfectly fine but it feels like (sorry if too much information,) food is trying to come back up as well. I do not want to lay down just in case, so I'm going to stay up a little longer.

Anyway, does anyone know what this is?

Thanks.

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 00:49
acid reflux/acid indigestion

Rls1994
28-11-12, 01:13
Thanks Nicola, I thought so.

This is probably a dumb question but, can you have acid reflux without the acidic sensation? Because most of the time it does not feel acidic.

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 01:31
Yes I get indigestion a lot without the acidy taste.

Rls1994
28-11-12, 01:34
OK, thank you.

I wasn't sure whether it was acid reflux or not since I've taken many medication for it and none have helped. Hmm.

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 01:37
Have you tried omeprazole?

Rls1994
28-11-12, 01:46
Yes - I was on it for a month in October. I've also tried Gaviscon before but had no affect either. I don't know whether I should ask to try something else or to be referred to have further tests done.

missybct
28-11-12, 11:55
If you are getting persistent acid reflux, it's worth going to the doctor to see if they can do an examination of your digestive tract. Sometimes certain medications can affect it, or foods. Something I found when I used to get it a lot years ago was writing a diary of my food intake, and my moods. That way I could see when I got the reflux most, and try and tie it in with what I was consuming. I found that drinking fizzy drinks used to make it worse, and now I rarely drink them.

Rls1994
29-11-12, 20:13
Hello missybct!

Hmm, I do agree some things do make it worse, like tea and rice but other than that it is there practically all the time. I have not consumed any fizzy drinks in years now, I stick to water or fruit juices. :yesyes:

I'm off to the doctors again on Monday, so we'll see what my doctor says this time. Hopefully, I will be referred to have some more tests done.

Thank you for the reply.

missybct
01-12-12, 15:36
Hi love, glad you are going to the doctors.

If the fruit juices you are drinking are particularly acidic (orange juice for one) it may contribute to it.

Let us know how you get on xxx

Rls1994
01-12-12, 23:10
Oh damn! You're totally right! Orange juice does seem to make the whole thing worse I noticed, so I guess I'll stop drinking that. I'm glad that I actually like drinking water lol. :D

Thank you, I'll be sure to inform you guys when I get back on Monday. :hugs: