PDA

View Full Version : New to Propranolol

dread
28-11-12, 12:43
I went to my GP yesterday and he prescribed me 10mg prop to take 1/2 of upto three times a day. I've had a bit of a blip last week where my anxiety attacks returned after a few months of being off meds (60mg cit). His general consensus was that I had done really well so far and he just thinks I need something to get me over the blip and then I will be fine again. I have to go back in 10 days and review how I am doing.

I took one (10mg) about 6pm last night, and was pretty much anx free for the evening and was in bed asleep by 12.30. I hadn't slept much for the 2 nights previous. I've also had a cold and feel a weird pressure in my head which i think is down to my ears being blocked.
Today I feel sleepy, nausea, a bit woozy when I stand up and I don't know whether this is still because of the lack of sleep or because I am anxious as I have work etc today, or not.

Getting to the point...I'm scared to take anymore, even though I was fine last night, in case I literally drop dead or something. I know prop is designed to slow your heart rate and deal with the physical side, and 10mg is a low dose...(my dad was on 120mg for years) and that I should be telling myself this is just unfounded fears.. but it's so hard! Physically there's nothing wrong with me, but all my anxety attacks surround heart attacks and passing out and stuff... I dunno what to think :/