PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have esophagel cancer !!

mustrelax
28-11-12, 14:13
I'm so terrified I have esophogeal cancer.

For about 4 days I have had this pain in my chest when I swallow Saliva, food and drink, right by my breast bone. I can't work out if it's getting worse or better or if it's an injury from food I've eaten. I have no other symptoms other that achy body and the chest pain which seems to be there all the one now. This may be due to anxiety tho where I'm worrying.

Please help me and get this out of my mind as what's the chances it actually is?!

Mustrelax

Mistyfog
28-11-12, 14:26
Probably only reflux. I get it really bad when I'm stressed or anxious. I has a camera down and they confirmed mine was just acid reflux. I had the same feeling of food being stuck etc.

Rls1994
29-11-12, 20:08
Hiya!

As Mistyfog said, it definitely sounds like it's only acid reflux. You usually have bad difficulty swallowing AND pain when swallowing with esophageal cancer.

You did not provide an age either. But I'm guessing your age is below 25? Most people develop this cancer over 60 years of age. Please, try not to worry about it. I know it's easier said than done but I can assure you that you do not have esophageal cancer. If you really are concerned then I advise you to see a doctor to put your mind at ease.

Take care.

lecole
05-12-12, 13:39
I'm so terrified I have esophogeal cancer.

For about 4 days I have had this pain in my chest when I swallow Saliva, food and drink, right by my breast bone. I can't work out if it's getting worse or better or if it's an injury from food I've eaten. I have no other symptoms other that achy body and the chest pain which seems to be there all the one now. This may be due to anxiety tho where I'm worrying.

Please help me and get this out of my mind as what's the chances it actually is?!

Mustrelax

My mum's friend had esophagel cancer. From the information she told me about it, he had suffered with things like heartburn his whole life. He'd be on a packet of Rennie's a day etc. Although it's not a major symptom (heartburn) I thought it best be shared.

This could be anything, have you look at your chest where it hurts? I've been known to get worried before discovering there was a spot or bruise in that area! Also anxiety is known to cause these horrible worries. It sounds to me like acid reflux also, I had a similar pain, it actually felt like the pain as though a rugby ball had hit me hard and fast. I went to my doctor terrified. That was acid reflux :)

Feel better soon.

honeyp1e
05-12-12, 16:39
This is what an like always thinking it's something am due to get an endoscopy soon and knowing me it will just be acid reflux but my negative thinking is saying otherwise but what you describe is what I get with a few other symptoms

Greenman50
06-12-12, 09:46
Hi Mate ....

Its your mind working overtime because you are booked in for the endoscope .

The chances of O C is virtually nil in someone of your age .

I worried about this also and worried so much i ended up not being able to swallow , chest pain etc , then i googled , then i panicked then i thought i was deffo on my way out .

Turned out to be acid reflux aggrevated by anxiety , it took nearly 12 months to be able to swallow properly again and get rid of the lump in my throat .