PDA

View Full Version : at the end of the tunnel

tanyat
28-11-12, 14:14
I have been dealing with anxiety and OCD for over 10 years now. I reached my breaking point 3 weeks ago. I went to hospital and was put on Prozac. It's only been a week and a half. I'm scared to drive or go anywhere because I get panic attacks. I'm home with my 20 month year baby and feel like the worst mother. I take Lorazapam each night to sleep and I'm a walking zombie during the day.

missybct
28-11-12, 14:23
Hi Tanyat, welcome to the forums.

Firstly - you are not a bad mother. You are a vulnerable person who is suffering from horrible symptoms. It may feel like you are letting down your child, but by accepting help and coming here, you are actually making positive steps to get better :)

Hopefully Prozac will work for you, but give it a little bit more time. It can take a while for the affects to be fully felt.

There are subforums for specific anxieties and I think there is one for OCD. It may help to read some topics in there and see if they can help you.

You are not alone, we are here to help :) x

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 14:24
Hi tanyat

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Serenitie
29-11-12, 16:12
:welcome: I'm sure you'll make new friendships and receive a lot of support here

Sparkle1984
29-11-12, 20:59
Welcome to the forums Tanyat! :) You'll find plenty of support here.