PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline - 5 week blip help!

PanicYeNot
28-11-12, 16:21
Hi everyone

I am hoping for some words of wisdom from the lovely people on this forum please. I've been on Sertraline 50mg for 4 weeks and 3 days and was starting to feel a bit better - apart from my stomach which seems to be super sensitive to these meds - but suddenly I seem to have gone backwards and my anxiety has come back with a vengeance. I do intend to speak to my doc, tho she has said 'you have to give the tablets 6 to 8 weeks' but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of 'blip'? I am reluctant to increase the dose as my stomach is already suffering so I can only imagine it will get worse with an a higher dose. Its just so frustrating and I am feeling a bit down about it all :weep: Thanks for reading and any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated xx

Janine
28-11-12, 17:37
I am on Fluxotiene not sertraline but I was exactly like you starting to feel a bit better and then at 4 weeks had a huge blip and felt like I was never going to get better and that it was never going to work, my anxiety was sky high and I felt terrible, however at five and half weeks I started to feel better and this time stayed like it which has been great, you still wait for another blip but I have stayed ok, I was told 6 to 8 weeks and you think you will never get there, all I can say is that it is worth it even though it may not feel like it at the moment. xx

TJSMITH
28-11-12, 17:41
I'm 6 months into them and still have blips I'm on 100mg. I keep a log and the length of time seems to get longer between blips. I had a week long one last month do try and stick it out would be my advice. I would give a couple of weeks of you still feel bad then consider an increase xx

PanicYeNot
28-11-12, 20:42
Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'll give it another couple of weeks then see how I feel xx