PDA

View Full Version : HA back with a bang. Please help.

sarahsarah
28-11-12, 17:56
Hello all,

Well after a couple of years' break (admittedly there were a few brief lapses) my HA has returned and Dr Google is once again the main man in my life. This month I have diagnosed myself with ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, lymphoma, gall bladder malfunction, liver failure, a stroke, to name a few. I have lost count how many times I have checked my eyes for yellowing today. All this started because a few weeks ago. I noticed my right leg was aching a bit.

I have always been a bit of a worrier, not particularly about health but other things too, but it never really got in the way of my life. my HA started not long after I met my husband. I wasn't unhappy before I met him, I was going along fine. But when he came along, I started to think there must be something waiting in the wings to stop this happiness. It also doesn't help that I am not working at the moment (voluntary redundancy) so therefore have more time to overthink things.

This site helped me ever such a lot 2 years ago when I was in a similar predicament so I am hoping this time it can help me get some perspective too.

I don't want to feel like this any longer.

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 18:06
Hi Sarah and :welcome: back

Did you have a previous login on here?

sarahsarah
28-11-12, 18:10
Hello and thank you :)

I did have a previous log-in but only made around 20 posts or less. I was more of a reader than a writer. I couldn't resurrect that account because I don't have access to the e mail address associated with it any longer (it was a work one) so I just made a new account.

Just re-reading some of the sticky posts up top and I feel better already.

Stands mum
28-11-12, 19:11
Hi Sarah - sorry you are feeling so bad. I can completely relate to what you said about having too much time on your hands. This has been a huge factor in my recent experience.

Have you spoken to your GP?

sarahsarah
28-11-12, 19:37
Hi Stands Mum,

I haven't spoken to my GP about it, no. A couple of years ago when I first had HA, I was actually ill (though it was a nasty virus which was treated with antibiotics, rather then my self-diagnosed lymphoma) and we had a brief chat about looking things up on the Internet and also about my fear of cancer. She was great about it all, actually. But that was when I had a physical reason to go there in the first place. Not sure how I would broach the subject when not too deep down I know there isn't anything wrong. Does that make any sense?

I think I probably need to speak to my husband about it tonight. He has noticed I have been a bit quiet and pre-occupied with something.

Thanks for answering

nomorepanic
28-11-12, 20:32
Hi Sarah

I sent you a PM about your old login

Hypo
28-11-12, 20:41
I am sorry you are struggling.

If you want a text/phone buddy please PM me. I am always happy to chat, god knows I need support myself right now :)

Stands mum
29-11-12, 07:45
Hi Stands Mum,

I haven't spoken to my GP about it, no. A couple of years ago when I first had HA, I was actually ill (though it was a nasty virus which was treated with antibiotics, rather then my self-diagnosed lymphoma) and we had a brief chat about looking things up on the Internet and also about my fear of cancer. She was great about it all, actually. But that was when I had a physical reason to go there in the first place. Not sure how I would broach the subject when not too deep down I know there isn't anything wrong. Does that make any sense?

I think I probably need to speak to my husband about it tonight. He has noticed I have been a bit quiet and pre-occupied with something.

Thanks for answering

I think you could tell your GP straight that you feel you have become preoccupied with worrying about your health to the point it is impacting on your enjoyment and functioning in day to day life, and see what he/she says or suggests. :)

I hope the chat with your husband helped too.

sarahsarah
30-11-12, 16:29
Well, I had a chat with my husband about it and told him about my recent googling and HA and he was great. We compared eye-white colours and tongue colours and his were the same as mine, so that put my mind at rest. The upshot of it was that I decided instead of me sitting around worrying about health, I could be proactive and go for walks and do some other exercise and also that we would both try to eat more healthily. We went for a walk together after our chat and came home and I slept better than I had done in weeks and I have had a good couple of days, exercise, minimal googling and hardly any eye-colour checking.

However, this morning I woke up and my right thigh is aching once more, which is what started all this off again, and I am now back to the gynacological cancer self-diagnosis (even though I have no other symptoms whatsoever, just this occasional right thigh ache) and I have spent about 2 hours googling it today.

My thigh doesn't hurt much at all really and the pain doesn't increase when I walk, which should be a good thing , but instead I just think this points to a tumour being a more likely cause.

I am my own worst enemy, I know. Gah!