PDA

View Full Version : can anyone relate to this

tricia56
28-11-12, 21:52
hi suffer with anxiety for few tears now and have a fear of bieng dizzy or lightheaded which i think i got from having inner ear problems a few years ago and sufferd with dizzyness for about 2yrs . and now every time some one tells me they feel dizzy i get so anxiouse and then i start to think hope i dont get it and then feel im abit lightheaded or abit dizzy and worry about it. can anxiety doe this to you and is there any one who can help with some advce on why i get like this and if anyone can gave me some advice on how to over come this fear as i think its that fear that keeping my anxiety going thk you

Andymichael
01-12-12, 00:36
Hi there, saw you didn't have an answer to this from anyone an I have a little experience so thought I'd add.

What you experience when you have this anxiety is probably one of the most simplest an common bits of anxiety. I say this because it is, in effect all the same. Anxiety is a trigger inside your head which when faced with something you might get anxious about will spurt out and get everything going. This trigger is the same for most thoughts, whether it be you worrying about dizzyness or worrying about a horrible intrusive thought, it is all the same!

The only way to stop this is to find a way to block the trigger. I have managed it for some years but it will find a way past now and then. However for the main part in this case you get worried as the mention of dizzyness by someone else will of course trigger the anxiety/memory thoughts, you then can either say well yes I remember but it is not happening now and push it out, or worry. You will feel lightheaded as this is simply the blood starting to rush quicker around your body and all you need to remember is that in the extreme case, if you can not possibly deal with it (which won't be often as you will be kicking it's ass soon) just simply go to a safe place, the toilet, outside, somewhere to calm and gather your toughts for a minute.

All of this is subjective to each person and you WILL figure this out, it is a survival skill in all of us. Stay upbeat, happy and your amazing self, that is also very important and will get you through anything! :D

Thumbelina
01-12-12, 03:51
Hi there,
Dizzy spells happen often because of hyperventilation due to anxiety.
You might not even think you are overbreathing, but on fact upu do breath faster when you are in worry. It will go away slowly.

missybct
01-12-12, 15:28
I find that one of the most profound "side effect" from my anxiety is dizzyness. It's worth noting that I also suffer from something called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which doesn't help the matter, but I know my dizzyness is more often than not caused by over breathing like Thumbalina said.

When I used to suffer from panic attacks multiple times a day, I truly thought I was going to die from the lightheadedness and the lack of breath. I read a passage in a book that told me it was almost impossible too, and since then I have relaxed a lot more when it happens.

Dizzyness will not harm you, providing you take precautions - if you start to feel it coming on, make sure you can sit somewhere, or lean against something. Try and slow your breathing down and not gulp for air. I know this sounds very trite because I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to this, but try and imagine something peaceful, or focus on a noise in the background that has a rhythm to it. I used to listen to a ticking clock and anticipate the "tick", and imagine my heart was beating in tandem with it.

It is very scary. Please try not to be afraid of it.