PDA

View Full Version : Surge attacks

ewood79
29-11-12, 05:33
Hey guys

Anyone feel really heavy in the head followed by that surge of energy heat and prickly feeling go through there arms etc or other parts of our body.

Had one of them today, didn't attach the fear to it so it came and went but its put me on the look out again lol.

Damn this crap!

I'd also had a Valium yesterday so maybe it was my body looking for more of it or something....

Kez_miller
29-11-12, 06:50
I'm not sure my friend but I have taken Valium 3 times now and each time I have had strange numb feelings to my extremities (hands and feet!) and also strange feeling in my jaw! These symptoms come when the Valium is at its later stage so I'm guessing it could be related to the body wanting more Valium as the drug is addictive! Either that or the anxiety starting to kick back in! Hope this helped

dread
29-11-12, 07:10
I havent any experience with valium, but the prickly/hot/cold running sensations up and down yoiur body, hands, feet etc is adrenaline, so the headache is possibly another on of it's effecrs . Adrenalline is released wen we are anxious so its part and parcel really x

Thumbelina
29-11-12, 07:36
Hiya,
I also agree thats its adrenaline rush, thats what i feel when i know my anxiety is high. Just drink ling allot and letting it tingle and ignoring it helps tons to ride it out. It can come back though but if you react differently to your sensations next time you will feel different.
Thats what they say :0))
Take care

ewood79
29-11-12, 22:40
Thanks for the replies, I'd had a couple of stressful days leading up to it... Apparently adrenaline stays in your system for a while.

Thanks guys x